𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

- 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

- 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿.

SEYNNA WOKE UP almost a day after the attack with help from her grandmother, and norm - much to her mother's demise. jake had argued with his wife for hours about getting help from the avatar and neytiri refused continually until she realised that the na'vi healing wasn't going to help her almost lifeless daughter any further.

when sey woke up and found out norm had been the one to save her, she almost flipped out on her parents but jake wouldn't listen to her upset protests. seynna's brothers teased her relentlessly over the following days - lo'ak had informed neteyam about sey's crush on norm.

it was evident that seynna was feeling better as she threatened and hit her brothers any chance she got which was a relief for everyone in the family.

"don't worry sey," neteyam teased, placing his hand in the crown of her head as she glared at him harshly, "i don't think norm knows about your undying love for him."

seynna bit at him before pushing his hand off her turning to lo'ak with a warning finger, "i will skin you and feed the ikran." she threatened, stalking away from the boys spotting kiri and tuk sneaking outside their mauri eavesdropping, "what-"

kiri pressed her hand to her sister's mouth gesturing for her to be quiet, "listen." she mouthed.

seynna leaned against the outside wall of the mauri, pressing her ear against it listening carefully to the conversation between jake and neytiri.

"this is about our family. this is about our little ones."

neteyam and lo'ak walked behind the girls copying the actions without a second thought as they listened in on the conversation as well.

"i can not. you cannot ask this." neytiri refused through clenched teeth, "i cannot leave my people. i will not."

"he's hunting us." jake spoke softly to his wife, "he's targetting our family."

"you cannot ask this!" neytiri fired, "our children, everything they've ever known, the forest. this is our home!"

"he had our children. he had them under his knife. seynna almost died because of him."

seynna shrunk visibly at her father's mention of her name. each of her siblings turned looking at her in sympathy but she stared at the ground refusing to make eye contact with them. tuk carefully put a hand on her older sisters knee and seynna smiled softly.

"my father gave me this bow as he lay dying. he said protect the people. you are toruk makto!"

seynna sighed thinking back to the attack in the forest. she remembered the thoughts that rushed through her head as she watched helplessly as her siblings were held hostage.

she was never going to be like her father, toruk makto. she was weak. now her father had a choice; run away and protect everyone he loves and care about as well as the clan, or stay a risk everyone getting killed.

"this will protect the people. quaritch has spider and that kid knows everything."

seynna's jaw dropped as she looked around her siblings, "none of you cared to tell me spider had been taken?" she whisper-yelled at them as they all turned away with coy looks.

"he knows our whole operation. he can lead them right in here." jake yelled and the siblings outside exchanged worried looks, "if the people harbour us, they will die."

seynna shook her head in refusal as she pushed herself off the mauri walking away from her siblings. neteyam followed after his twin with a slight jog catching her wrist and pulling her to a halt, "what's wrong?" he asked.

"nothing." she shrugged, pulling away from him and he nodded not fully believing her.

neteyam knew seynna better than anyone, so he knew there was a short period before the girl exploded and let her emotions out.waiting for her outburst.

"you know out there, i felt like a complete failure?" she whispered.

neteyam's gaze soften wrapping his arm around her shoulder pulling her into his side, "what? why?"

"i saw the video of dad fighting quaritch and then mom killing that son of a bitch." she told him.

neteyam nodded for her to continue with a slightly confused expression written on his face, "and all i could think was mom was a year older than us when that happened, and i couldn't even look after lo'ak, kiri and tuk for an hour without getting captured."

neteyam pressed his lips in a thin line, "you're not a failure, sey." he reassured her, "you're the bravest one out of us all. lo'ak told us that you bit a chunk of one of those avatar arm off. that's something mom would do."

seynna gazed up at neteyam sensing the genuineness in his eyes and she let a small smile curl up on his lips, "you think so?"

neteyam nodded with a proud smile, "when lo'ak told us, they were very impressed. he said you were very brave."

seynna raised an eyebrow, "lo'ak said i was brave?"

"not exactly..." he shrugged, "he said it was badass but same thing."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
published: 17.1.23
edited: 24.1.23

@-junebloom, 2023