Prologue

"So," Jack said, voice strained, "what's your next assignment?"

The blonde-haired boy smiled, shoving him harder to the wall. "That's none of your business."

Jack gagged under the boy's grip, the oxygen catching in his throat, but still managed to respond, "You're... going to kill me anyway...."

The boy only smiled... a dark, lethal smile... his eyes glowing white under the moonlight. "My lips are sealed."

He then lifted Jack off the ground, his legs dangling as the boy's hand closed around his throat.

Seconds later, he shot him at the wall.

Jack sank to the floor, muscles aching from all the fighting... and his lungs burned as he tried to gain oxygen back to them...

The blonde boy only stepped to him carefully, fully aware that Jack couldn't get up and move.

He smiled sadistically when he pulled a dagger out of his pants, watching the older man's eyes widen in shock.

"Wh..." he said, managing to push himself back to the wall, hoping to melt into it and save himself. "Why are you doing this?"

The boy's smile somehow widened. "I'm a vengeful angel, that's why."

"I..." Jack said, shaking his head in disbelief, "I didn't do anything bad."

The boy made it closer, Jack's heart pounding harder after every step he made. "I didn't say you did."

What was that supposed to mean?

The blonde boy kneeled down in front of the confused man, tilting his head to the side menacingly. "Killing's my hobby, Jack. And I can't let you disrupt me." His eyes reflected malice in them. "Especially when your daughter is my next target."

Jack's eyes widened, breath catching. "No... No... Who are you?"

"I told you," the boy said, "I'm a vengeful angel."

Jack shook his head. "I won't let you hurt her."

The boy's eyes reflected amusement in them. "I don't think you have a choice, Jack."

Jack then struck him across the face, making his head snap to the side.

Other than that, he didn't move.

He looked back to Jack then, a dark bruise forming from the corner of his mouth, but his previous glowing eyes now narrowed, anger burning in them. "You shouldn't have done that."

Pure panic settled in Jack's veins, and he almost struck the boy across the face again, but he caught his wrist, glaring.

Before Jack could use his other arm, the boy shoved him against the alley wall, squeezing his lungs to his rib cage.

The blonde-haired boy brought the knife down on him, but Jack managed to grab his wrist, muscles burning when he pushed back with inhuman strength... the tip of the blade mere centimeters from Jack's throat.

His wrist started trembling... the blade rattling as they stared into each other's eyes, piercing the other's gaze.

"What..." he choked, the blade getting closer, burning his skin, "what did you do with my wife...?"

"Don't worry," the boy said, "she's next."

"You can't... do this..." he grunted, trying to push back but the dagger only came further toward him. "My daughter... hasn't done... anything...."

"I'll be the judge of that."

"Why...? Why do you want to hurt my daughter...?"

"I have my reasons, Jack. And you won't be alive long enough to find out."

He only stared back, the blade touching his skin now, but he didn't respond.

"You want to know why I'm doing this?" the boy wondered, tilting his head to the side as he smiled.

Jack only looked to him, face breaking in a sweat.

The knife cut in the first layer of skin.

The boy only leaned closer, using his other hand and closing it around the hilt.

The heat of his breath poisoned Jack's face when he whispered, "I'm corrupted."

And the blade pierced his throat.