Look after us

"NO STOP" I yell as Everliegh takes a mouth full of Coke.

"YOU MOTHER FUCKER" Carl yells and punches my dad in the face

"Ev, No no no no. Please can you hear me. Can you hear mommy." I say shaking and tapping her, as tears poor from my eyes.

"Everliegh, wake up princess. Please, open your eyes, Look at daddy" Carl says but still, nothing.

Carl checks her pulse, it's there, but barely.

I call the ambulance, they get here quickly, the cops come with them and arrest my dad.

Me and Carl get into the ambulance, then she starts to have a seizure.

"Oh my god" I cry out and burry my head into Carls neck.

"Please, I don't want her to die. Please" I cry, shaking, hyperventilating, Crying hysterically.

Carl says nothing, he just wraps his arms around me. That's all I needed though, I didn't want words. I wanted my baby to be ok.

I can hear small sobs start to come from Carls mouth.

I pull away from Carls arms and look at Everliegh.

She's all hooked up to tubes, and has a gas mask on her. She was struggling, her heart rate was very low, and she had puke all over her shirt.

I loved Ian, but this is something I will NEVER forgive him for. Bipolar or not, My daughter might die.

I walk over to her and grab her hand.

"Ev, Baby. If you can hear me I love you. I didn't know any of this was going to happen and i'm so sorry. I didn't everting in my power to stop him, and get to you before he let you do anything. I'm so sorry Ev. I really am. And no matter what happens I will be here. If you go up in heaven you will get to be with god. And I want you to look over me and Daddy ok. Please promise me. Give me signs you will look after us." I say as tears poor from my eyes

I look over and see Carl. He has tears falling from his eyes as he looks at her. I've never seen him cry like this before. He couldn't even get words out of his mouth to go and say anything to her.

"You don't have to say anything to her. She knows you love her. You have been a great dad to her ok, you where the dad neither of us had growing up, I would have killed for a dad like you" I say to him as he wraps his arms around me tightly.

Then, we hear loud beep. I look over at her heart rate and see a long straight line.

The EMT's quickly start to use the shockers to try and bring her back to life, but nothing.

"Time of death, 12:03pm" The EMT says and looks over at me and Carl with a sorry look in her eyes

I loose it. I break down into Carls arms. I can feel carl shaking and hear him crying also.

This is all of my fault, this never would have happened if I would have gotten up earlier. Or if Ian never had a house key.

We arrive to the hospital.

"we can put her in the morgue. But the cops are going to wanna question you" The doctor says.

"ok" I say looking down at the ground. Felling nothing.

Carl reaches for my hand, and grips it tightly.

We walk out of the hospital and drive home.

It was silent, i couldn't even hear Carl breathing.

We get home and I go into Everlieghs room and lay in her bed.

Carl walks in and sits next to me and kisses my forehead.

"You need to get some rest. Tomorrow is going to be a long day to say the least." Carl says and lays down next to me

"I wanna stay in here, I miss her smell" I say looking at Carl.

"Me too Mya"