Understanding Midoriya (Chapter 11)

Bakugo POV

The nerd was with that Erika girl. I don't know why but there's something about her... I don't trust her at all. Maybe it was because I hate damn rich people but I knew there was something more than that. I just needed to figure it out.

"Didn't Yuzuki go upstairs to find Deku? What's taking so long" Shitty-hair asked. He was right. Where is the nerd, it would've been better for me to get him. "Ugh, fine I'll go up" I sighed. "I'll go too if that's fine with you." the Yuzuki brother asked. He seemed better than Erika so I didn't really mind him in general. "Yeah whatever blackberry, hurry up" I said walking up the stairs with him chasing after me. I looked at the class and gave them an angry thumbs up. This time I'll get the nerd.

We walked to the fourth floor where Deku's new dorm was and knocked on it. "So... Bakugo, how long have you-" I interrupted Eitoki "I hate small talk" I shot daggers at him "You know you act all mean but I know you're really nice" I said and smiled. I hate this guy already... not that much. "You're like shitty hair, really annoying but not as much as the others" I whispered. "I'll take that as a compliment" Eitoki rubbed his hair. The door didn't open so we knocked again. No answer still. Just as we were about to walk away we heard a noise in the distance. It sounded like crying. Being curious I motioned Eitoki to follow me and he nodded. I followed the sound back down to the third floor and we saw the person who was running and crying. Eitoki ran up to them and grabbed their shoulder.

"Woah what's wrong?" Eitoki asked looking at the person. He turned them around and it was Hagakure, what was she crying about? Damn it. "Take her to my room" I said looking at Erika's brother. He nodded and started taking her down to my room. When we got there she was sitting on my bed not saying a word. "Why the hell are you crying, invisible girl?" I said annoyed at the girl. She looked at me and gave me a straight face. I could tell she was trying not to cry

"Why would I tell you? You're rude to everyone and plus I don't want your stupid pity" she stared daggers at me. "Hagakure. I know you, I know that you don't ever really mean what you say. Just tell me and we can get some people to help" I said looking straight at her. I guess she was surprised at my attitude. Does everyone think I'm fucking mean? Hagakure sat there for a moment and didn't say a word. "Midoriya and Erika were making out." Hagakure looked at me and spoke. I knew I heard her and I was trying to make sure because when I looked at Eitoki his eyes were wide open. "They what?" I said trying not to sound surprised. "They made out. They were kissing in his bed with only their underwear on." she said whispering.

Eitoki looked even more surprised at this and he gripped my right shoulder. "We got to tell the grou-" he continued but I stopped him. "Did anything weird happen while you were in there?" I asked in a calm matter. On the inside I was mad. I didn't want Erika to be the first one he did those things with. I had another girl in mind. Hagakure wiped her tears away and thought for a moment. "W-Well I do recall that when I spotted them a few seconds later Erika turned around and smiled at me. In a teasing matter of course." she looked at me. Shit... I know where this is going. Eitoki didn't say a word which made me know that he knew something. This loser had to open his mouth.

"I know you know something damn Yuzuki. Open up, if it's serious you got to tell me since the nerd's my best friend" I said while wrapping my arm around him. He looked like he was hyperventilating and that scared me a bit. What was so serious about this? "Chill Eitoki breathe. Come on tell us, it's important. Whatever it is we'll support you because it's not your fault." I said tightening my grip a little. It took him a while but he started talking. Hagakure and I listened closely. "My little sister... she has a manipulation quirk" he said in a soft tone. "What does that have to do with this?" I asked confused.

"Well, ever since the crew and I went to the bar Midoriya started acting different. I never really knew him at all besides for a few hours so I didn't question it." he said. I nodded. "We had drinks that day and I saw Erika put something in his drink while we were being idiots. We were all drunk except for her but I remembered her moving her hand in a motion where she used her quirk." Eitoki continued. I think I know where this shit is going. "Erika's quirk is to... to manipulate anything. She can manipulate food, people, and objects where she injects a spell into them which lets her do whatever. So whoever touches the object she manipulates will do whatever the spell she casts tells them to do." Eitoki looked at Hagakure who was sitting there like a still child. Fuck I totally know where this is going now.

"These spells vary to sleep spells, sad spells, happy spells, angry spells, and... love spells. Similar to hero Midnight's quirk but more powerful" he said the last part which made both me and Hagakure surprised shitless. We knew what happened... Erika used her quirk to change Deku. I knew she was up to something, Dammit! "W-What?! We have to tell Deku then-" I shushed her. "That's too risky, since they kissed he might actually be in love with her at the moment. I know you like him and you want to help but don't that get in the way of the real plan" I said. Hagakure shook her head but I could see right through it. Eitoki... I felt bad for the older boy. I can't deny it. "T-This whole time our friendship with him was a lie? The Midoriya we saw wasn't the real one? G-God I don't know what to do." Eitoki fell on the floor and started panicking. "I-I can't believe he wasn't the real him around us. It was just all my sister's quirk. That wasn't Midoriya it w-was Erika... The Midoriya who made us breakfast, sang us songs, and played video games with us... that wasn't the real Midoriya... I- I can't... I don't k-know what to believe anymore." Eitoki continued. His eyes were wide open and his hands were shaking. 

Damn it, Erika... did you ever think about everyone else's feelings or just yours? "Eito... breathe... Deep breaths's okay? We can figure this out together. I know the nerd was still the same old him when he hung out with you guys" I said "Yeah... we'll save Midoriya from that bitch... sorry Eitoki" Hagakure slightly moved her fist in the air. I'm glad she has a positive spirit. "I can't lie we might need some help." I said sighing. "By who?" the girl asked. I smirked at the door. "You guys don't have to eavesdrop you know. You're helping us too" I said while opening the door. Behind the door were Kirishima and Todoroki. They looked shocked and Kirishima slightly laughed. "I know you've two been waiting to apologize to Midoriya, this is the way you can do that. So you in?" I asked staring at the two. "We're in" they both said at the same time. "You in Hagakure?" I asked. "For Midoriya" she smiled. I turned to Eito who was slowly getting calmer by the second. "Eito... you in? To snap Erika out of this stupid game of manipulation and to save our best friend?" I asked him with my hand held out. It took him a second but he finally grabbed my hand and ran up to hug me. "D-Damn it Bakugo. Of course, I am" he said. Tears ran down my shoulder but it didn't matter. I'm glad Eito's okay. "Alright bastards. On the count of three, we say Deku Rescue Squad!" I yelled. They all nodded. "One... Two... Three..." I counted. We all put our hands together and yelled "Deku Rescue Squad!" together. I hope we can fix this situation.