chapter thirty

The next morning, I wake up with an awful feeling. The bed is already empty as Elia usually wakes up very early.

My head appears to be on the verge of exploding and my throat itches like crazy. I try coughing to get rid of it but it only makes a horrific sharp pain pierce my head.

I moan, turning around and trying to stand up. I get very dizzy immediately and have to lean against the wall for a second.

Of course I have to get sick now, after nearly everybody got the flu almost two months ago. I sigh, and I already thought I managed to make it through winter without catching the flu.

I halfway stumble, halfway walk to the kitchen where Harry and Elia are sitting at the table, eating breakfast.

“Hi, you two”, I croak out, feeling as if I’d have to cough again if I speak any louder, “I’m gonna to have to head home. I’m sick.”

“What?”, Harry exclaims as he gets up, walking towards me, “You’re not going anywhere like that, you’re going to lay back down in bed.”

“Gonna get you sick”, I mumble, letting myself to carefully be pushed back into the bedroom.

“I don’t mind that”, says Harry, “Wanna be there for you while you're sick, sweetheart. I’m gonna make you a tea. Breakfast too?”

I shrug, sitting down on the edge of the bed before lying down, this time on Harry’s side so that I’ve got his scent surrounding me when letting my head drop onto his pillow.
He crouches down next to the bed and cups my cheek to press a kiss to my lips. “How are you feeling, babe?”

I shrug. “Headache is bad. Will you get me a pill with my tea, maybe? Don’t feel like eating though.”

“Mhmh”, he makes, “Of course.” He lays the back of his hand down on my forehead and waits for a second before shaking his head. “Don’t think you’ve got a fever, though. Let’s hope it stays like that.”

“It’s cause you didn't dry your hair yesterday, babe. I told you to do so.” He smiles full of pity, continuing to brush through my hair before getting up.

“Mhm”, I croak out, nodding a little without moving my head too much to not make the headache any worse, “You were right.”

He smiles before getting up to leave for the kitchen only to come back a few minutes later with some tea, pills and a croissant. “Know you’re not hungry but in case you do want to eat something later.”

He places the things on his nightstand and slips his hand onto my lower back to help me up. “There we go. Feeling alright?”

I shrug, not really feeling alright at all but not wanting to be whiny. “It’s okay.”

He hands me the tea and the pill and I swallow it, the heat of the water feeling nice in my itchy throat.

“Thanks, baby”, I say, letting him sit down next to me. I gently kiss his cheek softly and he carefully places his hand upon my cheek, turning my head to kiss me properly.

“Already feeling better”, I mumble, slipping into the bed to lean my head against his upper tummy, enjoying the feeling when his hands move to my hair and brush through it.

We lay there for a bit, in silence, his hands brushing over my cheek, his fingers in my hair, wrapping strands around them before letting go again, his tummy moving with his breathing under my head and even though I’m sick, I feel so comfortable in that moment. Loved, almost.

Elia comes running into the bedroom a bit later, stomping and opening the door with a loud slam before scrunching up her face when she remembers I’m sick. “Oh, did I waked you? Sorry, Lou, I don’t remember that you’re sick.”

I smile at her, shaking my head. “No worries, darling. So kind of you to remember now. You didn’t wake me up, do you wanna have your daddy back? I’ll let him go then.”

She giggles but shakes her head before climbing into bed with us. “No, I know you need cuddles. Cuddles when you’re sick is good.”

She sits down next to me and carefully pats my head with her tiny, a little chubby hand, leaning down to press a kiss to the side of my face. “Soon you’re better, Louis. Did you take any medicine?”

I nod. “Thank you, Li. I did take some medicine, already much better with yours and your daddy’s cuddles.”

She smiles. “Daddy, I get the pad and we watch some Peppa pig with Lou, okay?”

Harry chuckles, his tummy vibrating under my head before nodding. “Of course.”

Elia grins broadly and runs off to the living room again. “Are you sure?”, I ask, sitting up until my head’s against his shoulder, "I really don’t want her to get sick.”

“Baby”, Harry says, making butterflies erupt in my tummy, “She was sick just a few weeks ago, I’m sure she’ll be fine. And I want you here with me right now. It’s okay, I promise.”

Once Elia is back, Harry turns on some Peppa Pig for her and she sits down in Harry’s lap, watching while me and Harry stay close behind her, his arms wrapped around me tightly.

I must’ve dozed off to sleep at some point because when I wake up again, both of them are gone, the door opened slightly, and I can hear Elia giggle in the background.

I smile softly but start to shiver instantly, feeling pretty cold. I pull the blanket up to my chin and try wrapping it around me properly, but it doesn’t help as I continue to slightly shiver.

Elia comes into the bedroom after some time, smiling when she sees me, walking to the bed and patting my hand.

“Hi, Lou. I just thinked ‘Oh, I have to look after my Loulou. Poor thing is so sick.’ And Daddy cooks lunch so I thinked I have to do it alone. How are you now?”

I smile, warming up at her words. “So kind of you, my darling. Feeling a bit better now that you’re here.”

“I’m so happy you always sleep over”, she says, smiling lots, “I love you, Lou.”

I try not tearing up but the sickness makes me emotional, somehow. “I love you too, Lia”, I whisper, kissing the top of her head.

~~~

hope you enjoyed reading :)