chapter thirty-four

“Okay, honey, wake up daddy for me, alright?”, I tell Elia, sitting her back down on the floor, hardly getting a chance to finish before she dashes off towards Harry’s room.

I finish arranging the table and place the pancakes we made on it before sitting down and starting to sip my tea while waiting for Harry and Elia to return.

“Daddy takes ages”, Elia calls, coming back into the kitchen, “He’s so sleepy.”
She climbs into her chair, rolling her eyes a little before smiling at me softly. “Lou, daddy said we can already start.”

I put two pancakes onto Elias’s plate and help her pour syrup over it because otherwise she’d probably get the whole table and floor messy.

Harry lazily strolls into the kitchen a little later, looking a little drowsy, hair looking rather disheveled.
“Good morning”, he says, voice raspy and then starts smiling at Elia who is pointing to the pancakes excitedly. “That looks really good, thank you baby.”

He brushes his hands through my hair as he leans in for a short kiss on my lips. “Thank you, love” he mumbles, “Appreciate you letting me catch up on some sleep.”

I smile, pecking his cheek before he sits down next to Elia, across from me.
We enjoy breakfast, drinking tea and eating pancakes while we listen to Elia excitedly talking about the snowman she desperately wants to build later on.

“Do we have carrots?”, she asks Harry, scrunching up her nose as she smiles, “Cause it gotta have a carrot nose! And we gotta take a scarf so it don’t freeze.”

After finishing breakfast and searching for a carrot Elia can take outside with her, we all get dressed and walk back to the park we went to yesterday.

I’m gripping on to Harry’s hand tightly as Elia impatiently runs a few meters ahead of us, pausing every few minutes for us to catch up.

When we finally arrived, she dragged me and Harry to an open spot. “Okay. I do the head cause I’m the smallest. And Louis you do the tummy and daddy you do the big one.”

Harry nods. “Do I get to go the big one cause Louis is still a little small as well?” He grins over at me as I stick out my tongue, trying to look offended and keeping a smile from appearing on my lips.
“Yes”, Elia confirms with a nod, hands in her waist.

Harry snorts, walking over to me and trying to hug me. “Don’t be sad, Lou”, he coos, “You’re not that tiny.”
I scoff and break free from his hug, shoving him off me a bit harder than intended so he lands in the snow backwards.

“You bastard”, he calls, wrapping his ankles around mine and pulling my leg towards him and before I get the chance to react, I land in the snow next to him.
“Arse”, I mutter, taking a hand full of snow and rubbing it into his face what makes him squeal loudly.

“That was so fucking cold,” he mumbles, looking across at Elia to check whether she heard him curse. “You’re gonna regret that.”

He quickly straddles me, sitting down on my thighs and then starts sprinkling snow down onto my face and neck. I don’t even try to pull him off of me since he is much stronger than me, but instead close my eyes and try not to choke on the snow that gets into my mouth..

“Daddy, Louis”, Elia shouts, stomping towards us with her eyebrows drawn together, “I already got a small head and you do nothing but stupid things.”
Harry finally stops trying to kill me but he doesn’t move from his current position. “Sorry, Li”, he says, “We’re gonna get to work now, no worries.”

Elia doesn’t look convinced but shrugs anyways, walking off to continue with the head.
“You got lucky”, Harry says, “If it wasn’t for Elia, my revenge would’ve taken way longer.” He ducks down to peck my lips and then finally gets off me, even offering me a hand to get up.

I stop him from approaching Elia and pull him into a tight hug, tiptoeing to kiss him a little longer. I pull away, cupping his face with my hands and gently stroking his cheeks with my thumb. “I really think you’re amazing, Harry”, I mumble, trying not to blush, “I really, I like you a lot.”

He smiles, taking my hands in his. “I like you a lot too, babe”, he whispers, “And I’d love to just stay here forever but Elia wants us to make a snowman so we best get to work.”

I nod with a small laugh and we start pushing snowballs through the snow until they’re big enough to make a small snowman, about as big as Elia.

“Wanna put the head”, she says, taking the small ball she formed into her hands. Harry lifts her up so she can place it on top and she smiles happily when she’s done.

“He looks so good”, she says proudly, jumping up and down once Harry places her down.
She tiptoes to stick the carrot into the snow and then searches for stones to do the mouth and eyes, finishing with Harry’s scarf he has to lend her.

Even though her lips are nearly blue from the cold, she insists on staying for a bit longer to go down the slide with a friend from kindergarten she met.

Harry and I sit on a nearby bench, watching her from a distance, his head against my shoulder. The sun is blazing down on us, providing some warmth, which is really beneficial because both my and Harry’s clothes are coated in snow, which is melting and freezing us.

“Apricity”, Harry mumbles, his eyes closing because of the sun shining right onto his face.
“Huh?”, I make, raising an eyebrow and trying to understand what he said.
He snorts, cuddling closer to me. “Aprictiy. The warmth of sun in winter.”

I laugh quietly, kissing the top of his head. “You’re so weird, baby.”
He doesn’t argue but nods slightly, wrapping his arms around my lower waist. “Hey, Lou?”, he then asks, blinking up at me, “Wanna know something?”
“Always.”
“You give me that feeling, Apricity. You’re the sun for me, warming up the cold. You’ve been that for Elia and me. Coming into our lives like that, lighting everything up and making me so much happier, you don’t even know. Don’t even know how I did it all without you.”

My heart starts beating a little too fast and despite the freezing cold surrounding me I get all warm from inside. “Harry”, I mumble, wiping my just a little wet cheeks, “Baby. I, you, you’re so amazing, so wonderful.”

I pull him in properly, leaning into him fully. We stay like that for a bit before a tiny hand taps my thigh. “Group hug”, Elia says with a smile on her face, settling down between us and pulling us both in by our necks.

~~~

<33

slowly getting towards the end :')