A Dream

TW: Derealization, Panic Attacks, Blood, Gore

A quick summary will be at the beginning of the next chapter if you cannot read any of these topics.

(I apologize in advance fot what I am about to do)

Grian opened his eyes and found himself sat- at his desk?

"But I thought..." he said. What on earth was going on?

He sat there, trying to figure out what could have possibly happened.

He felt... weird. It was like a strange sense of deja vu, even though this hadn't happened before.

Grian rubbed his eyes and checked the time. His desktop clock read '0:00.'

That was strange. Grian didn't remember setting his computer to military time.

Grian looked around his room. It looked like midnight.

Had everything just been a dream? His conversation with Mumbo, the flower petals... wad none of it real?

Had he just been asleep for an hour?

Grian suddenly noticed that his desktop was still open to Discord. Just then, he got a message from Scar.

'We're going to start soon. Can you get on the server?'

'Start? Start what?' Grian replied.

'Start the event. Can you get on the server?'

Grian was confused. He didn't remember the others setting a time for the event.

And he definitely didn't expect it to start at-

0:00?

That was weird. Grian didn't realize how fast that whole conversation had been.

He shrugged it off and began to boot up Minecraft. Once he was on the server, he joined the Hermit's call.

Grian noticed that when he joined, he was standing at spawn. He could have sworn that he had been in his base the last time he was online.

He found himself surrounded by the other Hermits, including,

"Mumbo?" Grian asked. Hadn't he'd just been talking to him?

"Hello Grian," he responded, a bit stiffly.

"Grian, we all wanted to talk to you."

Grian turned to look at Pearl, who had been speaking.

"Alright," he said, feeling a bit nervous, "What's up?"

Xisuma stepped forward. "Grian, we don't think you should be on the server anymore," he said matter-of-factly.

"What?" Grian asked. Were they actually serious? And-

Had this happened before?

"Grian, you've just become too much of-"

"A nuisance!" Ren interjected.

"Yes," Xisuma continued, "A nuisance."

"And you don't even add to the content anymore," Pearl added.

Grian felt his head begin to spin. What was going on? Was he really being kicked off the server?

Grian didn't know how to respond. All he could do was sit there in shock. That was until his eyes wandered over to the clock.

0:00

"It- that can't be right," Grian said to himself. How had he had this whole conversation in less than a minute?