An Inevitable Confrontation

Grian woke up the next morning with a dull aching throughout his body. He definitely didn't feel as bad as last night, but the pain still resided in his chest.

He slowly sat up in his bed and looked around, searching for any sign of Mumbo. Grian took note of his absence as he began to cough.

He threw the petals the came with it into the waste bin by his bed. He stood with some difficulty and walked down the corridor and into the living room.

He walked in and saw Mumbo standing in the kitchen. A wonderful smell filled the room, one of oranges and warm pancakes.

"Good Morning Grian!" Mumbo smiled as he flipped a pancake. Grian returned a small smile, as his throat still hurt and he didn't want to strain his voice.

Mumbo motioned for him to sit down on the sofa as he brought a platter with pancakes and orange juice.

"I hope you don't mind that I made breakfast. I just figured-"

Before he could finish, Grian just shook his head, telling him that he didn't mind. Grian looked at the pancakes with excitement and picked up his fork.

Mumbo sat next to him on the sofa and watched Grian eat with a smile.

After a few minutes, Mumbo broke the silence. "Grian," he said, "Have you thought about what you're going to say later?"

Grian shoved another forkful of pancake in his mouth and gave Mumbo a confused look.

"Grian, the stuff you're going to tell the other Hermits? About you bring ill? Today? In a few hours?"

Grian suddenly had a bitter taste in his mouth. And it wasn't from the pancakes.

He looked at Mumbo and shook his head violently.

"Grian," he sighed, "You have to tell them. You know that."

Grian swallowed and let out a sigh. He knew this would have to happen eventually.

Ugh, being Future Grian sucked. Who was the one that was making him do this?

'...'

Oh yeah. It had been him.

Grian finished up his breakfast and let out another sigh.

"On the bright side," Mumba said, "We still have a couple of hours before we have to talk to them."

'A couple of hours before the converstion I'd been trying to avoid,' Grian thought to himself, 'Well at least that's something.'

~~~

Scar finished setting everything up on his conputer. He logged onto Hermitcraft about an hour early to make sure everything was set up and working.

What was originally meant to be a revenge prank had evolved into a party that the Hermits had set up as a way to apologize to Grian.

Scar had gotten a text from Mumbo earlier thanking him for calling and telling him they'd both be there. Of course, Grian and Mumbo would be sharing a mic, but that wouldn't be a problem.

Scar still couldn't shake the feelijg that something was terribly wrong. He could still remember his dream, the darkness, the flowers, the crying.

And all Scar could think was that if Grian's crying had been accurate, what else about of his dream could have been.

He closed his eyes and visualized every bit of the dream. The living room, the flowers, the corrider. Every bit of it was ingrained in his mind.

He just hoped that it had all been a very strange coincidence.

Wilted Petals |  A Hermitcraft Story |On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara