Chapter 1: The Return

Ava arrives at Elena's, and there are police officers and ambulances there. As Ava goes to walk into the house and an officer stops her and Elena's at the top of the stairs as she says, "It's okay." Ava rushes up the stairs and Ava says, "What happened?" They walk into Jeremy's room and Elena says, "He said that Anna gave him her blood and then he took these pills. And-and now, I mean he looks fine, but then again so do you. So, I just, I don't know." Ava says, "Come here." Ava gently grabs Jeremy's face, and she softly says, "Look at me." Jeremy says, "No, I'm fine, okay? I feel exactly the same." Elena says, "Should I call a paramedic up here? What should I do?" Ava says, "No. He's fine." Jeremy says, "You mean, I'm not a vampire? Damn it!" Elena says, "Don't say that, Jeremy. Jeremy, why would you want that?" Jeremy stands up and says, "Did you hear about Anna, what happened to her tonight? She's dead." Ava softly says, "Jeremy, Jeremy, come here, sit down." Jeremy sits down and Ava kneels in front of Jeremy, and she says, "I am very sorry about Anna. But it's very important that you listen to me right now. With every passing moment Anna's blood is leaving your system. If you try to kill yourself right now you could really die! Do you understand me?" Jeremy says, "Yeah. I understand." Ava says, "Good." Ava gets back up and Elena says, "What about the pills that he took? He didn't take enough to die. So, Anna's blood actually... healed him of that." There's a knock on the door and they look to see an officer and he says, "Miss Gilbert?" Elena looks at the officer and says, "Um, I'll be right there." Ava looks at Elena and says, "You need to be at the hospital. " Elena says, "But--" Ava cuts Elena off and says, "No, no. I'll stay here with Jeremy." Jeremy says, "No, I don't need a babysitter." Elena says, "Yes, you do." Later, Jeremy fell asleep and Ava's sitting on the chair watching him when she hears the door open and she walks downstairs and she looks at Elena and says, "Hey. How's Caroline?" Elena says, "Not good." Elena wraps her arms around Ava's neck. Elena says, "Just what I needed." As Elena goes to kiss Ava, Ava transforms and growls at Katherine and she throws her across the room. Ava glares and says, "Katherine." Katherine says, "At least I fooled one of you." Ava speeds over to Katherine and has her up against the wall. Katherine smirks and says, "Feel better?" Then Ava speeds Katherine over to another wall. Ava then hears a door unlock and Katherine grabs Ava's arm and she twists it, and Ava falls to the ground groaning. Katherine then speeds out of the room. Elena and Damon walk into the room. Elena looks at Ava worriedly and says, "Ava?" Ava gets up and says, "Elena." Elena says, "W-what happened?" Damon says, "Katherine happened." Moments later, Damon says, "Did she say what she wanted?" Ava says, "No. Woman certainly knows how to make an entrance. She said she fooled one of us at least. What does that mean?" Damon says, "She pretended to be Elena too when I showed up earlier tonight." Elena walks in and she says, "I told Jeremy. I can't lie to him anymore." Ava softly says, "Are you alright?" Elena says, "No. I'm not alright. I thought that will all the tomb vampires gone things would get better." Ava says, "I know. We all did." Elena says, "Katherine was in this house. That means that she's been invited in. What are we going to do?" Damon says, "Move." Elena sarcastically says, "Very helpful. Thank you." Damon says, "Katherine wants you dead. There's zero you can do about it you would be dead, but you're not. So, clearly she has other plans." Ava says, "Right, and we need to find out what those other plans are and not provoke her in the process. What happened tonight when you thought she was Elena?" Damon says, "To risk another frown line encroaching on a very crowded forehead we... kissed." Elena says, "And you thought it was me?" Elena and Damon both gauge Ava's reaction and her face is normal. Ava says, "Okay." Damon says, "Okay?" Ava says, "You kissed Katherine, thinking it was Elena. See, I know Elena would never do that to me." Elena grabs onto Ava's hand and says, "Yeah. I would never hurt you like that." Elena squeezes Ava's hand and Ava squeezes back. Elena says, "John must know something. There has to be a reason why Katherine tried to kill him." Damon says, "She's Katherine. She loves to play games, and you're fooling yourself if you think you're going to find out what she's up to before she wants you to know." Ava says, "No, actually, Elena's right. John could know something through Isobel. Your mother, she was in touch with Katherine so maybe we can go to the hospital and get him to talk." Damon says, "I've got a better idea." Elena looks at Damon and says, "What's that?" Damon says, "I'm just going to ignore the bitch. See ya." Elena says, "Is that smart?" Damon says, "If Katherine thinks she's being ignored... it'll lure her out, she'll make a move." Ava says, "Yeah? Then what?" Damon says, "Stake her, rip her head off. Something poetic. We'll see."