Chapter 18: The Last Dance

Ava and Damon are outside the boarding house as Elena signs the deed

Ava and Damon are outside the boarding house as Elena signs the deed. Damon says, "You really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" Ava says, "She said she could channel enough witch's power to kill him. Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original, so..." Damon says, "Just need to find him." Ava softly says, "Yeah." Damon says, "Could she do one of those witch tracking spells?" Ava says, "Nope. Not without something that belongs to Klaus. Believe me, I already asked." Damon says, "Do you think he killed her?" Ava says, "Katherine? Probably." Damon says, "It's not like she didn't have it coming." Ava softly says, "Yeah." The front door opens and Elena shakes hands with Mr. Henry and says, "Thank you, Mr. Henry." Mr. Henry walks away. As the Salvatore siblings go to walk in they can't and Elena says, "I'm sorry. I completely forgot. Ava. Would you like to come inside my house?" Ava smiles and says, "I would love to. Thank you." Ava walks in. Damon says, "What are we, 12?" Elena says, "One of us is. If I let you in do you promise to obey the owner of this house?" Damon says, "No." Elena says, "Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?" Damon says, "Yes, Elena. Sure." Elena says, "Then please, come in." Damon walks in with a fake smile, and he looks at Ava's smiling face and he says, "Shut up." Bonnie walks over to Elena and hands her, her jacket. Elena says, "Thanks." Ava says, "Wait, where are you going?" Elena says, "To school." Ava says, "Huh?" Damon says, "No, no, no, we didn't create a safe house for you to leave it." Ava says, "Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that." Elena says, "Right. But where?" Damon says, "Well..." Elena says, "No one knows. Look. I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here but I'm not gonna be a prisoner." Damon says, "Your way, Elena." Bonnie says, "Don't worry, I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. I know how." Elena smiles and says, "The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that I can be. Come on." Elena and Bonnie walk away, and Ava says, "Wait, I'm coming." Ava follows after the two. Later, Ava's in History class and she goes to sit down next to Elena. Elena holds up a sign about the 60s dance and Ava nods with a smile. Alaric walks in and says, "Hello, class. What... are we learning today?" Dana says, "With the decade dance tonight we've been covering the '60s all week." Alaric says, "Right. The '60s. The, uh..." Alaric clears his throat as he writes on the board and continues to say, "The '60s... Wish there was something good I could talk about the '60s, but...Actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban missle thing, the, uh... Uh, we walked on the moon. There was Watergate." Elena says, "Watergate was the seventies, Ric. I-I mean, Mr. Saltzman." Alaric smiles and says, "Right, all kind of mushes together up here, the '60s, '70s. Thank you, Elena." Later, Ava's home with Damon, Elena, and Bonnie because they just found out that Klaus is gonna be at the dance. Damon says, "So, we got to the dance, we find him." Ava says, "Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like." Damon says, "Something tells me he's not gonna be sixteen and pimply." Ava says, "He could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school. I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?" There's a knock on the door and Alaric walks in. Damon says, "There you are." Alaric walks over and says, "I'm sorry I'm late." Damon says, "Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight. Klaus made his first move." Elena says, "Okay, so we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?" Bonnie says, "Me. I'm the plan. he has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him." Alaric chuckles and says, "That's not going to be that easy. I mean, he is the biggest baddest vampire around." Damon says, "Alaric has a point. I mean, what if he..." Damon speeds over to Bonnie to attack her, but Bonnie puts her hand out and tosses Damon across the room. Ava says, "Well, I was impressed." Bonnie says, "It doesn't matter if he's an Original. I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him, Elena. I know I can." Elena nods with a smile.