Chapter 7: Masquerade

Ava walks into the library hearing Caroline say, "I'm still shaking

Ava walks into the library hearing Caroline say, "I'm still shaking." Ava walks over to Caroline and says, "What happened?" Damon says, "Go head, tell her. You're gonna love this." Caroline looks at Ava and says, "I saw Katherine today." Ava says, "Where?" Caroline says, "At the grill. I just stopped by to gawk and... and quasi-stalk Matt." Damon says, "Skip the teen drama and get to it." Caroline says, "Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go 'cause I'm a doofus. She said that she needed to deliver a message." Ava says, "What was the message?" Caroline says, "Tell Damon and Ava that I want the moonstone, or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood." Damon says, "Tell her the rest of it." Caroline says, "Tonight. At the masquerade ball." Ava says, "She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard." Damon says, "She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks." Ava says, "We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her. Caroline says, "Can't we just give her the moonstone, so she'll leave?" Damon says, "No, Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her tonight." Ava says, "You're not gonna kill her." Damon rolls his eyes and says, "Don't give me that goody-goody crap." Ava says, "You're not gonna kill her." Damon says, "Oh, really?" Ava says, "Because I am." Damon smiles. Later, Alaric and Jeremy are over to help kill Katherine. Bonnie walks in and Ava says, "Hey, you brought the grimoire. Thank you." Bonnie says, "What's going on?" Jeremy walks in and says, "We're gonna kill Katherine." Jeremy walks away and Ava looks at Bonnie's confused face and she says, "I can explain." Bonnie says, "Please." Ava says, "We're gonna kill Katherine." Ava walks over to Damon and Alaric and Alaric shows them how to kill vampires and he says, "Now, this works with compressed air. The trigger mechanism's here. I've got two of these in a different size. Now, for you, I recommend this. Fits nicely under a jacket sleeve. Here's the trigger..." Alaric shows them and he sees the look on the Salvatore's faces, and he says, "You wanted me to show you how to kill a vampire." Later, Ava and Bonnie are away from everyone, and Bonnie says, "I know you love Elena, and you want to be with her. But it's risky. Too many people could get hurt." Ava says, "Look, I want Elena back, yes. But it's more than that. And what Katherine did to Jenna, it crossed a line. She has to be stopped before it happens again." Bonnie says, "I don't know, Ava." Ava says, "Look, Katherine knows me, alright? She knows that I'm not gonna try something in a crowd full of innocent people. So, that gives me an edge. I can catch her by surprise." Bonnie says, "I could do... a spell to trap her. Like the tomb spell." Ava says, "Right. We can isolate her away from the others. Please, Bonnie?" Bonnie sighs and says, "Okay." Ava and Bonnie walk back into the room where everyone else is and Alaric says, "You sure you guys don't want me there tonight?" Ava says, "No, I need you to stay with Elena. I don't want her to know about this." Alaric says, "Okay. Well, I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight." Ava nods and says, "Alright, if anybody wants to back out... I'll understand." Damon says, "Yeah, cold feet speak now I don't want this going wrong because someone chickens out. Caroline?" Caroline says, "I won't. Look, she killed me. Fair's fair. And as long as there are no werewolves running around." Damon says, "Oh, I took care of Mason." Jeremy says, "And as long as Tyler doesn't kill anyone he won't turn." Ava nods and she looks at Bonnie and she says, "Bonnie? Are you with us?" Bonnie looks around at everyone and she nods and says, "But no one gets hurt." Damon says, "Except Katherine. Tonight, Katherine, gets a stake through her heart."