Jeeps and Possibly Living

  I agreed to meet Tyler for lunch in an hour at Handell’s, a restaurant right on the beach. It had amazing hamburgers and their milkshakes were legendary.  I was in my room, putting up my camera bag and changing my shirt when I heard a honk outside the house. I peered out my window. There was an unfamiliar blue Jeep sitting in the driveway, and who was sitting in the driver’s seat but Tyler.

   I walked out of the house and went over to the window.

“What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?”

Well, a simple thing called you left one of your lenses at the beach, and like any good friend would, I picked it up and looked at the address.”

 I took the lens.

“Thanks. I didn’t know we were friends.” I said.

“Of course we are! Now, we still have lunch plans don’t we?”

“Yeah. Let me go get my bike and I’ll meet you there.” I said.

Tyler smiled.  “I promise I’m not going to bite.”

I sighed. “Alright, let me go put my lens up.”

“I’ll be right here.” Tyler called after me.

   Tyler’s car was actually really nice. The top was off, and the wind was blowing through my hair. I loved the feeling.  Tyler was playing music, and not the stupid kind that all my friends were playing, but the good kind. An old Coldplay song came on, and cranked it up feeling exhilarated by the drive, even though it was a familiar drive on a familiar street. It felt different. I smiled and laughed out loud. Maybe this was what living felt like.