Chapter 30- The Earth Queen

Future Industries airship flies over the Earth Kingdom, with Oogi flying just above. On the platform atop the airship, uncle Bumi and Kai are practicing their airbending, under the instruction of Jinora and I, while watched by Asami, Naga, and Pabu.

"Light on your feet, Uncle Bumi." I call out. "Remember, you want to be quick and evasive."

Uncle Bumi is pacing around, his hands up like a boxer. "Don't worry about me, Tenzin's evil twin. I've been in a scrap or two you know. Ha ha." He then turns to Kai. "Oh, you're just a youngster, so I'm gonna go easy on ya." Kai runs toward uncle Bumi. "Wouldn't want to hurt a kid..."

Kai slides to the floor, and fires an airbending blast at uncle Bumi's legs, knocking him to the ground.

I wince as the retired commander lays on the ground in pain.

"Uncle Bumi, you've got to work on your stance changes." Jinora says as she and Kai help uncle Bumi to his feet. "Kai, that was just, really good."

Kai rubs the back of his head, as uncle Bumi feels his jaw. "Thanks Jinora, you're a great teacher."

Jinora stares at Kai for a second, before turning away, blushing. She helps her uncle away, but uncle Bumi brushes her off, before patting his body, looking for something.

I make my way towards the top balcony, where my father and Korra were watching everyone from below.

"It's so exciting to be on a diplomatic mission to Ba Sing Se. What's the Earth Queen like?" Korra smiles as she notices me making my way towards my father.

"I've never met her, but I've heard she can be quite... demanding." Dad responds.

I chime in, scaring my dad as I wrap myself around his robe. "Iroh told me she's delusional, rude, nasty, disrespectful and a bitch."

Bolin runs to accompany us, swinging his legs under the railings in excitement. "There it is, Mako! We made it! This is where Dad grew up! Come here! Look, look!"

I couldn't help but smile at the earthbender.

Mako joins his brother; rather more calmly. "Okay, calm down, I'm looking."

We all turn our gaze to the city as the ship is approaching closely to the Outer Wall of Ba Sing Se.

"I wonder how many airbenders are down there." I hear Korra mumble to herself.

As the airship is approaching the wall, the sun shines brightly over the top, before revealing the expansive city beyond.

The airship finally manages to pass over the wall. We hover around the Lower Ring as a peasant sleeps against a building while the airship flies above.

My nose begins to twitch as I get a taste of the lower ring. "This smells worse than Meelo's farts." I blurt out as I begin to hide my nose under my shirt.

Mako, Bolin, and Korra recoil from the smell, the two brothers holding their noses.

"Uhh, the Lower Ring looks terrible." Korra grimaces.

"Yeah," Bolin wheezes out, holding his nose. "I can smell it from here. No wonder Dad left."

The airship continues to fly over the ring, before making it over the Inner Wall and into the Middle Ring.