Cal Kestis

"Welcome back." She greeted.

"Thanks." You smiled.

She held out her hand. "I'm Cere."

You took her hand and shook it. "Y/n." You told her, although you remembered she already knew your name.

"Come in. I'll show you around." She suggested, waving you over. You stepped inside and she pressed a button that closed the ramp. 

"That's Greez," She pointed to the man in the cockpit.

"It's nice to properly meet ya." He turned his head in your direction.

"Nice to meet you too." You smiled.

"And over there's Cal." She gestured to the boy on the couch. He was playing with a cute droid, the both of them looked up at mention of Cal's name.

"Hi," You waved with a smile.

"Hey," He replied, returning your smile. His droid beeped a happy greeting, making you chuckle.

Behind Cal was a kitchen area Cere pointed out.

"I'll show you to your room now so you can get sorted." She walked down a hall with you close behind. "It's just down here." She turned a corner and pointed at a door.

"Here's your room. Refresher's just over there." She pointed to another door. "Feel free to take a shower if you like." She suggested, eying your dirty clothes.

"Thanks." You nodded.

You set your bag down beside your new bed, which looked significantly more comfortable than your one on Corellia. As you settled in, you felt the mantis lift off the ground and take off into hyperspace.

You took Cere's advice and rid yourself of your work clothes and took a nice warm shower. It was almost too perfect. 

The water on Corellia was always cold, and was often not filtered, meaning showers weren't much help and you had to boil water before drinking it. 

You could get used to this type of life.

After you were clean and dry and in new clothes, you left your room, attempting to head back up to the main part of the ship, when a happy droid stopped you from turning the corner.

"Hello," You grinned, crouching down to him. "What's your name?"

He gave a couple beeps and a whistle in respose.

"Nice to meet you, BD-1. I'm Y/n." You greeted. He whistled happily in response, causing you to giggle.

"I think he likes you." Someone says behind you, startling you slightly.

You turned your head to him. It was the boy, Cal, leaning against the doorframe of what must be his room.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He apologized.

"It's alright." You smile, standing to face him, causing BD-1 to paw at your foot. "Look, I really am grateful that you guys got me off Corellia, but... how did you find me?" You ask curiously.

"Cere got word of a possible force user on Corellia when there was a report of assault. The guy reporting said a girl used a Jedi mind trick on him. From what Cere could tell, the officers didn't take the guy seriously, which is lucky for you I guess, cause otherwise they'd would've been looking for you." Cal explained.

You grew uncomfortable as you thought back to a few nights ago when you'd had no choice but to use the force. It didn't happen often, only when you really needed to protect yourself in emergencies.

-flashback-

You'd been walking home and it was dark, since your shift had ended late. The streets were pretty empty, aside from a few citizens sleeping in alley corners or on benches.