Kashyyyk

The next morning, Greez had you help him install an extra chair in the cockpit, so you would have somewhere safe to sit during landings. The chair was placed behind Greez's, the only spot where there was room for it.

"Alright. We're all set." Greez folded both sets of arms and leaned back, appreciating the new accomplishment.

Suddenly, BD-1 came rushing towards you, announcing that Cere wanted to talk to you. You looked up at Cal who had followed the droid, presumably to tell you the same thing.

"What he said." Cal gestured to BD-1. 

You smiled and bent down to pat the droid on his head. "Thanks little buddy." 

He beeped appreciatively in response.

"How do you people understand those things?" Greez grumbled as you left the cockpit, making your way to Cere in the kitchen area.

"Greez says we're ready to go," You informed her.

"Great. We'll leave soon as I'm done talking to you." She said, spreading some type of jam on a zell-sead biscuit.

"Okay..." You replied nervously.

"I need to be sure you're one hundred percent ready to go on a mission like this. It won't lay lightly on me if anything happens to you, you understand?" She told you, her expression riddled with concern.

"I'll be fine. You don't need to worry about me." You smiled reassuringly. "Besides, Cal's there to keep me out of trouble."

"He's usually the one getting into trouble in the first place." She scoffed.

"Well then... I guess I'll keep him out of trouble." You grinned.

"Let's hope." She smiled. "Greez, take us to Kashyyyk." She called over to him.

"Alright! Let's go find a wookiee!" Greez cheered, starting up the mantis. Cere began to walk away, but you stopped her first.

"Hey, Cere?"

"Yes?" She turned back to you.

"Were you a jedi?" You asked cautiously.

She didn't answer straight away. "Yes. I was."

You nodded, feeling that whatever it was that made her separate herself from the force was something she didn't wish to talk about.

"I understand. I won't pry." You told her.

"Thank you."

***

You passed the time by reading a book you'd found laying around about plants and creatures across the galaxy, taking interest in the Kashyyyk section of the book, since that was your destination. Although you'd already been to Kashyyyk, you'd never taken the time to study it's wildlife.

"Alright! We're here. Get in your chairs." Greez announced after a few hours.

You looked up from your book, setting it down on the sofa before getting up and making your way to your chair as Cal did the same.

You watched out the windows as the mantis entered the atmosphere, gasping when three imperial star destroyers came into view.

"Woah. Tell me we're not running that blockade." Cal asked nervously. You could not have agreed more.

"Oh, only as a last resort." Cere answered.

"Let's hope it doesn't come down to that." You replied. Cal nodded.

"I've rigged the mantis' transponder to transmit imperial signals. Hey, Greez, keep your power signature low, and act like we belong." Cere added.

"Just like Bracca, no sweat." Greez replied sarcastically.