The Second Sister

"Hey Greez. You're famous down there." Cal mentioned as the two of you entered the cockpit.

"Yeah, they're an... ugly group, huh? They smell like used droid oil! Ha! At least you're okay." Greez said, sounding slightly embarrassed. He must've had some unfortunate history with the group.

"A complication we could've avoided," She gave Greez an unimpressed look. "Luckily we found you." 

"We have another complication. The empire knows about the holocron." He said.

"That's not good. The entire mission is now at risk." Cere realized.

You noticed Cal glaring at Cere. His body was radiating an energy of betrayal and distrust. You looked at Cere, wondering what she had done to make Cal feel this way.

"And, I had a nice chat with the second sister. Trilla." He said, his voice getting angrier as he spoke.

You furrowed your brows in confusion.

Cere looked down for a moment. "What did she tell you?" Cere asked.

"She told me," He paused, glancing back at you and Greez. "She told me you betrayed her to the empire. Is it true?" He asked. You'd never seen him look so angry before.

"She'll say anything to jeopardize this mission-" She began speaking in a defensive manner. You looked at Greez to see if he knew anything about this, but he avoided eye contact.

"Is it true?" He snapped.

"She was my apprentice. Before the purdge." Cere explained. You could tell Cere was in pain, just by talking about it.

"You should've told me!" Cal cried.

"We're getting an encrypted message from Kashyyyk." Greez announced, happy for the excuse to end the arguement. 

Cal pushed past you with an angry huff and stormed over to the holo-table. You exchanged another look with Greez, silently thanking him for temporarily putting a stop to the fighting.

You didn't know much about Cere's past. Not enough to fully understand the argument at least.

Cal opened the message on the holo-table, showing a live image of Mari, one of the rebels you'd fought with on Kashyyyk.

"Mari." Cal greeted, his tone back to normal, rather than his deep,gruff, and angry voice.

"Cal. We found Tarfful, and he's willing to meet you." Her smile faded. "That's not all. The empire overran our position of the refinery. Saw retreated off-world. Some of us have joined the wookiee fighters in the forests. Be careful." She warned.

"You too." Cal said before ending the transmition. He turned to Cere, resulting in a tense atmosphere all-around.

"Later." She pleaded.

The anger was still vividly present with Cal, but he kept it at bay.

"Later." He agreed. "We have our lead."

Cere walked away, probably to her room, as it was getting late.

"Okay, this is fine. Everything's gonna be fine." Greez reassured himself as he sat back down in his chair. 

Cal looked at you. 

"Goodnight, Cal." You gave him a sad smile before moving past him to go to your room.

***

You were able to fall asleep after some time. Unfortunately, your mind had been very full that night. Shockingly it was Cal who occupied your thoughts, for the most part.

You kept wondering what could've happened to him if you hadn't gotten to him in time, and you you thought about how devistated you'd be if something had happened to him.

This lead you to start thinking about how grateful you were to have him as a friend. But then you began to wonder if what you felt towards him was simply just platonic. 

Well, of course it was. How could it be anything more than just platonic?

Romantic relationships were strictly forbidden, according to the jedi code. Even platonic relationships were discouraged, as any forms of attachment were taught to be blinding and distracting.

You'd never understood these rules. You thought having relationships made you stronger and a better person, until, of course when you'd cut yourself off from as much interaction as possible, back on Corellia.

Master Odorah even told you it was okay to feel sympathy and form connections. It was natural, she once told you.

Even still, all of your relationships had only been friendships. With your master, your fellow padawans, and even some clone troopers. 

You weren't sure what it was that you felt for Cal, but you knew it wasn't good, so you thought it best to shove down the thoughts and feelings.

*short chapter, sorry*