A friend

You and Cal fought a few more rounds, most of which he won, but it hardly counted in your opinion, since this was your first time using a light saber in years. 

After that, Cal suggested you be finished for the day, which you happily agreed to.

The two of you sat outside the ship as Cal told you more about Eno Cordova and the holocron, and all he'd discovered here on Borgano and on a place called Zeffo. He told you how his most recent clue lead to a Wookiee Cheiftain, a friend of Eno Cordova's.

"A Wookiee? So we're going to Kashyyyk?" You asked exitedly. You'd been to Kashyyyk before, with Master Odorah.

"Yep. Soon as we're done out here. But it's not gonna be fun. Kashyyyk is under imperial control. The place must be crawling with troopers." He said, ripping some grass out of the ground and tossing it into the light breeze.

"Hmm. When are we gonna be done here?" You asked.

"When Cere thinks you're ready." He answered.

"I am ready." You huffed.

"Are you though? You only beat me a couple times..." He teased.

"Shut up." You laughed, punching his arm lightly. 

"Ouch," Cal whined, massaging the spot in which you'd 'hit' him, acting as though it actually hurt him. 

BD-1 hopped from Cal's shoulder over to yours, making a series of beeps and buzzes.

"See? BD-1 thinks I'm ready." You grinned, the droid whistled in agreement.

"Traitor." Cal scowled, making you laugh.

"But I am serious. I think I'm ready." You attempted to persuade him. He sighed.

"Alright, fine. I'll tell Cere. But I can't promise she'll give you the answer you want." He warned.

"Thank you." You nodded in appreciation. You sighed happily, closing your eyes as you felt the warm sunlight on your skin, the air smelt clean, which was a nice change.

"Man, it's nice to be off Corellia." You beamed.

"I bet." Cal chuckled.

"Where were you before this?" You asked, looking at him.

"Bracca. I was a shipyard scrapper." Cal grimaced at the thought of his old job.

"Well, cheers to better living." You smiled.

"Agreed."

***

Back on the ship, you joined Greez for a cup of refreshing jawa juice while Cal talked to Cere.

"How'd it go out there today, kid?" Greez asked.

"Great! With any luck, Cal will convince Cere to let us head out to Kashyyyk to find chieftain Tarfful or whatever." You explained, gesturing to Cere and Cal who were talking near the cockpit, too far away for you to hear them, and them to hear you.

"Well, good luck with that. She's a stubborn lady. But hey, who knows what she'll decide?" Greez shrugged.

-Cal's p.o.v- 

"Cal, it's unrealistic for us to leave after she's had only one day of training." Cere crossed her arms infront of her chest.

"It'll be better practice for her to be in a real situation anyway. I didn't have any practice training when you guys first picked me up." Cal argued.

"You really think she's ready?" Cere sighed.

"Yes. You should've seen her today. She's strong with the force, I can feel it." He urged.

"Fine. We'll leave tomorrow. I'm trusting you. Do not screw this up."

"I won't. I promise." 

-your p.o.v-

Cal smiled and gave you a quick thumbs up before turning back to Cere.

"Well, what do know? Congratulations kid." Greez looked up at you, the two of you clinked glasses in celebration.

*sorry for the short chapter :( next one should be longer hopefully*