The Origin Tree

During your journey to the top, you discovered several different species of plants, some of which were harmful or carnivorous, but beautiful all the same.

You also came across many more troopers stationed all throughout the great origin tree. Your rage towards them was the source of energy and power. With that, you were able to eliminate your enemies quickly.

You had just taken out the majority of a group of storm-troopers, making your way over to the last. He began firing his blaster at you in a panic. 

"You can't stop the empire!" He cried.

"Maybe not, but I can stop you!" You shouted as you threw your saber at him, watching as it sliced his body clean in half. You retrieved your lightsaber quickly and deactivated it. 

"Y/n." 

You turned to Cal, a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

*flashback*

You aproached the last battle droid as he frantically looked around, realizing he was the last one. He turned to you as you raised your lightsaber.

"Uh oh." He uttered before dropping his gun and turninng to run in the opposite direction. But you were too quick to allow his escape.

You threw your lightsaber at him, slicing his mechanical body in half at the torso. You extended your arm to retrieve your saber with a pull of the force.

You deactivated your blade and attatched it to your hip with a victorious grin.

"Y/n."

You turned at the sound of your master's voice.

"Master Odorah! You can tell the general to send the troops back. I've already completed the mission." You grinned proudly, making your way over to her. 

"You were told to wait for backup!" She told you harshly. You could now see she was not pleased with you.

"But I didn't need it. I didn't even get a scratch." You scoffed.

"Y/n. You must get ahold of yourself. If you let your emotion take over during these battles, you are not truly succeeding." Master Odorah scolded.

"But I got every single droid!" You argued, gesturing to the battlefield in which you had taken out over a hundred battle droids alone, even despite being told to wait for your master and some clone troops for backup. 

"It does not matter. You disobeyed the general and you disobeyed me. Your recklessness will only end up hurting you in the end." She warned.

"I wasn't being reckless! An opportunity appeared, and I took it. I don't see how that's not succeeding." You frowned.

"You're too passionate. I can feel your hatred towards the separatists. This is not about destroying the separatists, it's about ending the war." She explained.

"But how are we to end the war without destroying the source?" You faught.

"You cannot end the war by fighting chaos with chaos. And more importantly, you cannot end the war alone. You need patience, my padawan." She instructed.

"I'm sorry. I got too caught up in the fight. I just get so angry. I won't stand by and allow the separatists to seize our freedom! It can never happen!" You cried.

"These feelings of rage, your desire for power, it all leads to the dark side. You cannot allow yourself to continue on like this." 

"My desire for power only comes from my promise to protect the republic." You explained.

"You need to understand that too much power will only corrupt you." She warned.

"That's not true! All the Jedi masters are powerful, I don't see why I can't one day be the same." 

"Padawan, our power stems from peace, serenity, harmony. All things opposite of the things in which you're feeling." She told you sternly. "You have a strong heart, Y/n. Don't let it be your downfall."

*flashback end*

"Uh, nothing. Let's keep going." He told you.

***

You made it further up the tree, finding your way around certain obstacles with some struggle.

Unfortunately, you somehow managed to get yourself trapped in the large carnivorous plant, which BD-1 identified to be a jaw plant.

You shouted as you struggled to escape the treacherous plant. You could hear Cal trying to slice it open with his saber, but its exterior was too tough to be penetrated. 

You ignited your lightsaber and sliced upwards, forcing the plant to recoil and spit you out. 

You cried out as you tumbled forward into Cal, knocking him over, causing you to fall on top of him, luckily BD-1 scurried away in time before he was crushed.

"Sorry, you mumbled as the two of you stood up, holding onto eachother for balance. 

"Dank ferrik." You sighed, glancing over your shoulder at the jaw plant that had previously attempted to devour you.

"You'd better watch that pretty mouth of yours." Cal smirked, still holding onto your waist, as you subconsciously held to his shoulders.

"Or what? You'll shut me up?" You scoffed before it registered to you what you had said. You suddenly felt the heat of embarassment rising to your face.

Cal's eyes turned serious for a moment as he scanned your eyes. You could've sworn his grip on your waist grew firmer, just slightly. 

His eyes dropped to your lips, and at that moment, you felt your heart pound. 

'There is no emotion, there is peace.' Master Odorah's voice warned you.

Your thoughts were filled with chaos. It was as if you were fighting an internal battle, choosing between what you should do and wanted to do. It looked as though Cal were feeling the same.

'There is no passion, there is serenity.' Her voice was louder now, almost as if she were truly there.

With a slight gasp, you broke yourself out of your trance, looking down in shame. 

You wanted to, so bad. But you knew it was wrong. 

Your hands moved from his shoulders to his arms, distancing yourself slightly.

"We shouldn't..." You muttered, breathless. He dropped his hands from your waist, leaving you feeling a little empty inside.

"You're right. I'm sorry." He said, turning away from you slightly.

"Me too." You let out a soft sigh.

BD-1 silently made his way onto Cal's back, sensing the obvious tension in the air.

You closed your eyes, silently cursing yourself for damaging your beliefs and probably Cal's too.

"This way." He pointed to a path upwards, not looking at you. You followed behind him, not speaking.