Felicia AKA Black Cat

“As The Watcher, I have observed countless versions of Earth and the human societies inhabiting it. One human in particular… Spider-Man,” The Watcher said as he looked at the earth from a whole other realm. “Like many of his other counterparts, this Peter Parker didn’t have a good life, and his failures only built up over the years.

Starting with his uncle’s death, to all the downsides being Spider-Man brought him. In this universe, failed relationships and his loved ones’ death got worse and worse. After Mary Jane left him when she couldn’t handle the pressure of dating a superhero. He only had his aunt May to rely on.”

The Watcher explained as several images flashed in front of him. Peter holding the body of Gwen Stacy, then him standing among the rubbles of the daily bugle, surrounded by bodies. Finally, Mary Jane running away in tears, with her ring at Peter’s feet.

“But what would happen if the last thing he cared about, and that helped him keep his sanity in check, were to die?”

Earth-382

Peter sighed as he couldn’t fall asleep, and the fact that he was laying on a couch didn’t do much to help him get comfortable.

“You could at least try to help, Peter,” Aunt May said as she washed his dishes.

His apartment was a mess, dirty clothes and other pieces of trash were littered all over the floor. The place looked like it wasn’t cleaned in months or even years. Luckily for him, his aunt was always ready to help. Even though he didn’t really want to do much right now. He already spent most of his time fighting crime, fighting the same criminals that keep coming back again and again. With everything else that was going on, he didn’t have enough strength to live his life as Peter Parker anymore, preferring to laze around anytime he could.

“I know, aunt May… I know… But you know it’s been difficult lately…” He said dryly, not wishing to sound too aggressive against May of all people.

“You can’t let these things wear you down, Peter. There'll always be better days,” May replied as Peter simply looked away.

Not for him. There weren’t better days. It was always the same thing. He struggled everyday to do good, but only ended up suffering in the end. Being Spider-Man was a curse, from which he will never be freed from… unless he died. Even when he won his fights, he felt like he could never end up on top… He only kept losing everything, and as much as he loved May, it was better for her to get away from him. She would be much safer.

Aunt May shook her head as she opened her mouth again, about to say something before the ceiling suddenly exploded. Peter widened his eyes, and quickly understood who it was since his spider-sense didn’t react. He barely had enough time to stand up as Aunt May screamed in terror while the hulking form of Venom crashed on her nephew, crushing him through the floor.

Peter was pushed through several floors until he finally hit the bottom, with Venom standing over him, and the building on the verge of collapse.