Mary Jane Watson

Mary Jane walked faster as the night’s freezing cold threatened to make her freeze. She didn’t usually dislike cold nights, but this one was colder than the others. She tightened her grip on her handbag as her high heels boots stomped the ground she was walking on.

She just couldn’t wait to go home. However, for some reason, she felt uneasy. She didn’t know why, but she had a bad feeling, like someone was following her. She doubted that was the case, but then again, she couldn’t see clearly as there were a lot of people around her despite how late it was.

Maybe she was simply going paranoid. After all, when she was involved with Peter, her life would regularly be put in danger; it became a normal occurance to her. And even if they broke up months ago, the feeling still did not go away. She loved him, and still does… at least a little bit. But that life wasn’t for her. She had to move on, and hoped he would do it, too. They… stopped talking, but she wasn’t surprised about that.

Maybe finding someone else could help… She sighed and tried not to think about it as she finally arrived in front of her building, opened the door and went up to the third floor, where her apartment was located.

The uneasy feeling from earlier increased as she inserted her keys in the keyhole. She shook her head and pushed it aside as she finally entered her apartment, trapped in pitch black. She closed the door and stepped in, then immediately felt one of her heels stepping on something sticky.

She grunted as she tried lifting in, but managed to move it only a few inches up as it was still stuck on the floor. She finally turned on the light and widened her eyes as she discovered what had become of her home. Her boot was caught in black webbing, and so was most of her furniture. She looked up and saw her ceiling wasn’t in a better shape either. She quickly turned around and went for the doorknob in panic only for black webs to cover up the whole door.

“You shouldn’t leave yet, MJ,” A voice said, which made her widen her eyes as she recognized it.

She turned around and saw Peter in his black suit, hanging upside down from the ceiling with a web.

“P-Peter? That suit… Don’t tell me it’s the real one…” She stuttered in fear as the signs clearly showed her former lover wasn’t so friendly now.

“Well, Eddie is dead, so he had to find another partner. I gladly accepted. But we’re not here to talk about this, are we?” He smirked, creating a mouth over what served as a mask and showing Venom’s usual toothy smile.

“I don’t know what happened… Or what you plan on doing… But think of Aunt May… What would she say if she saw you?” Mary Jane tried to reason with him, but only received a scowl.

“She’s dead, MJ,” He growled as she moved a hand over her mouth.

“Oh, I-I’m sorry… I-” She started before getting interrupted as a black tendril shot out of Peter’s abdomen and stopped inches away from skewered her face.