oo. memories are forever.

ᅳ 𝗂 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝖾𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗂𝗇 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝗌𝗎𝗇𝗌𝖾𝗍 💭
𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻. 𝗌𝖾𝗈 𝗒𝘶𝗅

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

THE CALM BREEZE and the sweet smell of lavender filled the hall as Yeongran sat beside the window with the beautifully carved wooden flute in her hand.

Peace and the lovely flowers were blooming happily; the lady slowly pulled up the flute to her lips and played a simple melody that summoned the butterflies and the birds around.

The maidens and the gentleman working around the household paused their work when the soft flute note reached their ears. They turned towards Yeongran's hall where they can see her dressed in a white and lilac robe, her hair tied in a low bun with the cherry blossom hairpin and a fresh white lily tucked on the bun. The maidens smiled as they continued their work, forgetting their tiredness and concern as they enjoyed the soft flute.

"Young Miss Shin is a blessed one, she deserves better than anyone"

"A beauty with brain and talent"

Yeongran kept the flute down and sat down on the mat, then she poured herself a cup of the chrysanthemum tea before flipping a page of the book.

There was a knock on the door and a young man came inside "Young Miss Shin, there is someone who wants to meet you. He identified himself as Uk Jang "

Yeongran grinned when the young man looked so flustered and awkward when saying the name, she knew who Uk Jang was. She came out of the hall and then marched to the guest cottage.

"You still call yourself Uk Jang huh"

Jang Uk beamed brightly when he saw the Shin lady walking towards the cottage, then he waved his hand excitedly "Is our Young Miss Shin eventually agreeing to step out of her room?"

"I guess yes since a man who claims himself as Uk Jang came to visit me"

Yeongran was pleased to see an old buddy sitting in front of her after many years but a gorgeous woman was sitting beside him with an interested look. She glances at Jang Uk for an explanation

"She is Jin Buyeon, my wife"

"Sorry what?"

Yeongran look at Jang Uk to see if he was kidding but seeing how he was behaving she abruptly remembered the gossip of a divine priestess being abducted by Jang Uk on the bride's betrothal day.

"Sorry for not knowing this Lady Jin, but nice to meet you. I am Shin Yeongran"

Now it seemed like Jin Buyeon is the one to be flabbergasted "S-shin Yeongran? Do you mean the Shin Yeongran? The master of music?"

"I... I am Jin Buyeon, nice to meet you too"

Seeing the two lady's awkward interaction made Jang Uk giggle. Yeongran has been dwelling in the mountain and seldom connected herself with the outsider so she wasn't aware of the things happening except the time she knew the situation between Jin Mu and the Songrim with the release of many relics from Jinyowon.

"It might be already late but congratulations to both of you, I wish you two a happy marriage"

"Thank You"

A woman came up with some cups and tea along with snacks and left them at the table as they start to help themselves with the snacks.

Jang Uk and Buyeon look around the surrounding and were pleased. The green trees surrounding the area with small white flowers around it and the waterfall at the corner. It was aesthetically pleasing to the eye and looks so serene.

Jang Uk couldn't help but exclaim loudly "Woah Yeongran, you know how to pick a place. This is so attractive"

Yeongran is someone who finds aesthetic in little things and her heart is close to nature, she loves everything about nature. "Maybe you can leave Songrim and settle here with Lady Jin"

"Should we?" Buyeon's eyes were full of stars from earlier. The moment they entered the forest, the aesthetic beauty caught their eyes and the streams were so beautiful that Buyeon just wanted to settle down there. Uk just chuckled and glance at Yeongran quietly who started talking with Buyeon, getting to know each other. He exhale deeply as if he was preparing for something big

"Yeongran-ah, he will be taking over Jeongjingak so Master Seo wanted you to stay with him in Songrim"

The cup halted right in front of Yeongran lips and look at Jang Uk who had an "I was not the one" look, trying to act calm as much as possible as if he knew that Yeongran would act like this.

"Hear me out first. Jeongjingak was built by Master Seo HoGyeong and he was assigned as the new leader by the elders, plus the academy will start to accept students through interviews and you've been staying here for so many years so the Master wanted you to be with him"

Yeongran put her cup down and chuckled coldly, "Jang Uk .. why are you even telling me all this information that I didn't ask for?"

"Because you're his wife and obviously, you need to know"

"Wife?" Jin Buyeon, who is also friends with Seo Yul was baffled because she never knew he had a wife plus no one heard a rumor about it at all. A wife? out of blue?

Yeongran behaved indifferently making Jang Uk whine "Yeongran-ah, I know what is going on but for the sake of Master Seo and Yul, can you reconsider coming back to Songrim?"

"I don't want to go to a place where I need to be frequently reminded that I am different and need to beg for affection"

The tall gentleman was lost and didn't know how to proceed with the conversation anymore. But he wanted to pursue her, "Can't you just turn them into memories?"

She tilted her head and caught sight of the lonely wisteria which lost all its flowers and slowly faded away, looking off among all the other beautiful big trees.

" Some memories never leave your bone Jang Uk, like salt in the sea, they become part of you and you carry them "

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

𝄖 🦋
more like a prologue ig.