oo. the scars are forever

ᅳ    𝗂  𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅  𝗌𝖾𝖾  𝗒𝗈𝗎  𝗂𝗇  𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒  𝗌𝗎𝗇𝗌𝖾𝗍 💭
𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻. 𝗌𝖾𝗈 𝗒𝘶𝗅

EVENING FELL upon the country of DAEHO but the darkness didn't hide the joy and peacefulness of the country . Farmers getting back home and meeting their family after a long day walk, shops closing one after another as they were done with their daily earning activities.

Yet, the banquet was still lively as ever. The dancers gracefully dancing to the soft music, the elders and the guest present there drinking, chattering with each other and few were wasted at the corner.

Shin Yeongran glance around the people present at the moment then quietly stood up and walked out of the banquet. She quietly walked towards the backyard where there was no one, but the scenic beauty charmed her. The soft flowers blooming under the dark sky , the fresh small pond with few fish and the beautiful wisteria flowers slowly swaying side by side along the gentle wind.

There was a bench under the wisteria tree which was almost covered with the petals and leaves of the big tree above. She blew away the petals and sat down as she admired the soft white petals.

Yeongran didn't have high alcohol tolerance so she avoided alcohol throughout the whole banquet and rather replaced it with a glass of handmade rice wine, but now that she was all alone , she suddenly craved for the emperor smile wine which she'd drink once in a while.

Yeongran picked some of the white rain lilies growing near the tree and made a small flower crown out of it. A smile formed on her lips which shows her satisfaction over the small craft she just did and added some of the fallen wisteria petals for decoration.

"Yeongran-ah"

She turned around and saw Seo Yul walking towards her with his usual calm face. "Oh, hey"

Seo Yul sat beside Yeongran as his eyes focused on the girl sitting beside him "How have you been?"

"I'm doing fine...and you?"

Yeongran felt awkward when she asked him the question, her eyes wandered around the backyard but never on the man beside her as her fingers fiddled around the small tassel hanging from her robe.

Seo Yul chuckled and nod his head, "Taking the teacher role is hard but it's the betterment for the country"

And again, silence.

Seo Yul had many questions in his mind but nothing came out of his mouth and neither did Yeongran spoke anything until he decided to ask her a question that made him curious when he saw her earlier, "Yeongran-ah... Are you coming back to Daeho for good?"

Yeongran finally looked up to Seo Yul who was waiting for her answers patiently, "I am not really sure about it though Master Park Jin and Jang Uk told me to stay back. I'll see how it goes"

He nods hid head and flashed a small smile "Anyways, welcome back to Daeho"

"Thanks"

Again, silence.

Seo Yul peeked over Yeongran's fingers and saw the small golden ring on her ring finger. That was the 'engagement ring' they had.

Shin Yeongran's family were very close to Seo Yul's parents and as a young teenage girl, Yeongran always adored Seo Yul and would often pack him some lunch of either try to hang out with him when he was free. At the age of 17 , they tied the knot as a "couple" with the agreement of both families. Everyone was happy and so was Yeongran but it was the last time she showed her happiness .

Who would have thought that she was getting married to a guy who never spare a glace for her or even a small place for her in his heart. Yeongran promised herself that her first love will be her last love and that was Seo Yul but, fate was toying around with her.

Her life as one of the future protector of Daeho was stressful enough and then again her unhappy secret marriage made her more sad and started distancing herself from the world, engulfing herself with loneliness until she decided to leave Daeho and seclude herself at some mountain, away from the country. More like running away from the memories.

No one knew that she was already married, she and Seo Yul were married for name-sake. They haven't fulfilled their role and duty that a married couple should but they were acting like strangers .
If not for the ring on her finger she almost forgot that she was married to a "certain someone" and was a wife to a husband but was she really a married woman?

Seo Yul saw that she changed a lot, her soft baby cheeks were gone and were now replaced with her matured looks. Her facials were all getting stronger and there was tranquility in her. But as a mage, he can see the shining golden core that runs in her body which is very energetic but is kept still and controlled well.

Maybe he has been avoiding ladies or people in general when dealing with ghost or some creatures, he can tell that the little girl who used to follow him everywhere changed a lot.

His eyes shifted to her exposed wrists where a soft red ribbon was wrapped as if it was covering something and maybe because of the uneasiness inside, Yeongran accidentally loosen the ribbon and a small scar was exposed.

Seo Yul clearly remembered how that scar remained with Shin Yeongran.

"The scar is still there? Does it still hurt?"

Yeongran was confused for few seconds and then realized that he was staring at her wrist so she immediately covered up the scar and didn't answer at all. And probably will be there forever.

It was when they were young and Seo Yul went to Danhyanggok to meet Naksu, his first love. The path was very dangerous but the naive young Yeongran secretly followed Seo Yul one day. She accidentally cut her wrists with a sharp thorn, when she was hiding behind the bush when Seo Yul was meeting Naksu. Her cries attracted Seo Yul and Naksu which somehow ruined their small times.

Yeongran applied the cotton rose ointment but it never really healed. The pain she felt that day was still vivid in her mind, it was not really the pain of the sharp object on her wrist but the way the cold and aloof Seo Yul was full of smiles and had the clear expression of 'love, fondness and happiness' in his face while he was with Naksu but not her.

His expression goes back to the cold expression when it's her or any of the other people.

"This scars...."

Her words trailed off for few seconds and she took a deep breathe and stood up "This scars give me a reminder.  A reminder of my stupidity, failure and that I lost myself. I don't want people to find out so I just hide it"

Then she left.

Seo Yul didn't say anything but stared at the figure leaving the yard as the soft breeze brush the end of the dress which slightly dances with the breeze but his view soon became empty with no sight of Yeongran.

"When did everything go wrong?"

━━━━━━
A/N : i hope you all liked this update
and i'll try to update more. i was busy
with life and my finals were just over and
i kinda had time for this app so i'm back!
and i'm rewatching AOS again because
i miss them sm.