oo. admire from afar

ᅳ    𝗂  𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅  𝗌𝖾𝖾  𝗒𝗈𝗎  𝗂𝗇  𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒  𝗌𝗎𝗇𝗌𝖾𝗍 💭
𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻. 𝗌𝖾𝗈 𝗒𝘶𝗅

THE SUN WENT down to take rest while the moon took it's place and shone brightly at the sky as the people admired it's beauty from the ground.
The beauty of the calm and gentle moon was the favourite of all humans including Yeongran who sat near to her window admiring the beauty of the moon while holding her flute in her hand.

The soft white satin cloth swaying from time to time whenever the gentle night breeze pass through it carrying the sweet scent of the jasmine flower from garden near the room.

Yeongran untied the hairtie and softly brushed her hair and took a deep breath, enjoying the tranquility.

Seo Yul who finished his work came inside the room quietly and thinking that the lady would be asleep but he was surprised to see her sitting beside the window admiring the moon.

The room was dark with
no candles lighted up but the beam of the moonlight filled the room. His eyes wandered back to the lady sitting quietly with her attention to the beauty of the moon ; the pair of doe eyes shining bright, the lips slightly arched upward and the lock of long hair like the black ink shining with the moonlight. Her sitting posture and everything about Yeongran was so graceful, even though she was wearing the simple white sleeping robe it still look beautiful on her ; she made it look like the robe was something so expensive — as if it was made out of fine silk.

His breath hitched. Maybe it was because he was constantly spending time with Yeongran that he was starting to take in the small details of her.

Yeongran felt a presence so she turned around and saw Seo Yul "Oh..hey..."

Seo Yul came forward and placed his sword at the table and stood beside Yeongran, looking at the moon.

"I missed watching the moon when I was a kid. Thinking that the moon was chasing me, I used to run away from it and told everyone that the moon was my friend and we would always play the game of tag. Jang Uk would often tease me about it and Danggu would sit down on the floor and cry saying that he also wanted the moon as his friend"

Yeongran chuckled and could imagine the young Seo Yul running around alone, giggling and talking to the moon as if it was his friends.

Seo Yul turned to Yeongran "Don't you ever want to go near the moon and admire it?"

Yeongran smiled and said "I rather stay away from it and admire it from afar, because if I get close to it I am afraid that it will get away from me because that's what happens to me everytime I admire something"

The two went silent and Yul quietly went to change into sleeping clothes leaving the girl alone. Yeongran didn't know why but she put the flute close to her lips and played a song slowly that has a sad melody.

Yul who was at the corner of the room paused for a moment when the music reached his ears. He knew that song — a song sung by one of his favorite artists.

It was a song yearning for love since childhood, falling in love with false hope, an individual wanting their true love to come and keep them safe and sound, the complaints of having a rough childhood and letting go of a person they loved.

Yul came out and look at the girl whose eyes were glistened with the tears which looked like diamonds shining under the moonlight, a tear rolled down which was like a small diamond escaping the others.

The soft breeze blew few strands of her hair from time to time, the corner of her robe following the direction of the breeze steadily.

Oh! How much Yul wish to be a painter to paint the view that he was witnessing and how he wished to be a poet and write about the beauty of the lady under the moonlit night sitting beside the window.

Yul waited for her to finish the song and collect her emotions then approached her "Let's go to sleep. It's already late and we need to get up early tomorrow too"

The two came towards the bed and only at that moment Yeongran remembered that she was not sleeping alone. She felt her cheeks warming up and hoping that Yul won't notice her.

Seeing the hesitation Yul let out a small chuckle "Don't worry Yeongran, i'll just sleep on the floor alright?"

Yul reached out for the pillow at the bed but Yeongran stopped him "It's okay, sleeping on the floor is uncomfortable"

Yeongran badly wanted to know where she got the confidence to speak up like that and now she couldn't fall asleep as she toss around the bed trying to sleep.

She rarely sleep with her mother as a kid and as far as she remembered, she was someone who slept alone ever since she was a kid and now, the faint smell of sandalwood from the man sleeping beside her mixed with the incense burned at the corner of the room was making her nervous without any reason.

"What is wrong with me today?" she muttered to herself and suddenly felt an arm sliding around her waist and pulling her close to a chest in a swift movement.

Yeongran just blinked her eyes and look up to find a pair of gentle sleepy eyes looking at her "Don't think too much and just sleep, you toss and turned around too much"

After saying that Seo Yul brought her more close to his arms and rested his chin on top of her head and closed his eyes. Yeongran went numb because this was her first time getting so close with him and she could hear his heartbeat clearly and suddenly she felt small in his arms but it somehow made her feel secured and comfortable.

For the first time, I feel secured in his arms. If this was a dream, please don't wake me up.