oo. the impossibilities

ᅳ    𝗂  𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅  𝗌𝖾𝖾  𝗒𝗈𝗎  𝗂𝗇  𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒  𝗌𝗎𝗇𝗌𝖾𝗍 💭
𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻. 𝗌𝖾𝗈 𝗒𝘶𝗅

FATE & LOVE is something that Yeongran is slowly starting to hate because it never works for her. She was not sure of what they were and Yeongran mistook his kindness for a small act of affection towards her. Yeongran didn't sleep peacefully the whole night and was tossing around as Seo Yul didn't come back, probably spending the night with his friends whom he haven't met in a long time.

As morning comes, Yeongran had no energy to get through the whole day but she cheered herself up and entered the library which was one of her favorite place in the household. She took out some old ancient novels and started reading while drinking tea from time to time.

After few hours, there was a soft knock on the door "Yeongran-ah... are you there?"

It was Seo Yul. "Um, you can enter"

Seo Yul entered the room with a small book in his hand "The maids told me that you were here. I received a letter that your father will be visiting you today"

Yeongran stopped whatever she was doing and look up to Seo Yul "Tell him I died or went back yesterday"

Seo Yul wasn't sure if that was supposed to be sarcasm but judging from the calm and collected expression it seems like she was serious about it "I think you should meet your brother at least"

Out of all her Shin family, only Shin Eunwoo — her younger brother was the only one whom she is close to and consider as her own blood related. Before she left, Eunwoo was still 14 years old but now he must be already a young gentleman. Her time in Gusu was pure exclusion from everyone except the people living in Cloud Recesses and traveling to Yunmeng from time to time. She basically lost contact with everyone and so she felt awkward to meet her brother but she couldn't run away from it.

Yeongran just mentally prepare herself and felt Seo Yul sitting down next to her. Yeongran shifted slightly and it didn't go unnoticed from Seo Yul's eyes. He slightly turned towards the lady but didn't complain and just ignored the act and lean over to look at the book which Yeongran was reading and a particular line caught his eyes

"Nothing hurts more than your own expectations"

Yeongran was startled and look towards Yul but realized that they were so close and few inches apart only. Their eyes met and breathe hitched. No one said anything and only the sounds of the birds chirping and the leaves rustling outside the pavilion.

Yeongran saw the light brown eyes which was filled with tangled emotions, it felt like there was a long thread tangled up and didn't know how to untangled itself. It carried confusion yet covered up with a blank emotion as if it was nothing, Yeongran felt like she could drown herself in the brown orbs but she knows that if she get lost in those orbs,drowning herself, it's hard to come back to the surface again.

Meanwhile, Seo Yul was confused about his own heart. Whenever he is with Yeongran, it feels like something was bubbling inside him and he felt a new sense of emotions he never had. The soft doe eyes were filled with love and sadness for him and it pulled his heart-string but he couldn't do anything at all, he wasn't ready yet. He realized it was his own fault for causing Yeongran to go away from him and far away from the near and dear ones.

"Seo Yul... sometimes it hurts to know that you'll never look at me the way I look at you and I wanted to feel loved without begging pathetically for it"

As Yeongran spoke off those words she broke the contact and closed the book slowly without showing any sign of nervousness. Her feelings have slowly become numb "You confuse me Seo Yul. You'll suddenly act like you're so caring towards me and just after that you'll act like you don't know me but a part of me still wants to wait for you and my heart still yearns for you even though I see no hope of you loving me back. I fell for the impossibility between us Seo Yul... the impossibilities..."