Chapter 9

It was Halloween.

"So we're having the annual Halloween party again, right? I need to know so I can set up the candy." Yugyeom said.

"Ooh, what kind of candy?" Jimin asked, a pearly smile on his cute face.

"Drugs, Jimin. Not actual candy. Also, pot brownies." Yugyeom said, and then walked into the kitchen, leaving Jimin frowning there.

The mornings of October 31st was hectic. The boys were setting up the outside of the house to make it look ~spooky~ and they were going to keep those decorations until they took it down for Christmas. They weren't going to go through all that trouble of making the house look scary just to have it up for one day. No ma'am.

Yoongi and Hoseok were outside the house, carving pumpkins. Jimin was putting up fake spider webs inside the house. Some of the boys were stringing up red lights. It was all festive friendly freaky fun.

Taehyung walked into the house, sighing. "Is Halloween today? Fuck, I completely forgot." Taehyung mumbled. Jimin tilted his head at the mint-haired boy, who shrugged. "I'm more of a Christmas guy."

"You don't like Halloween?"

"It's not my favorite-" Taehyung began, but then heard a loud squeak-shriek sound.

A body ran down the stairs, limbs flailing and then reached the groung only to front flip. "It's Halloween!!!!!!!"

"Jungkook?" Taehyung's eyes widened, dumbfounded. The boy stood by the steps in his all-black attire, grinning from ear to ear.

"It's Halloween!" Jungkook said again, fists clenched by his sides in excitement. "I freaking LOVE Halloween."

"I've never seen him smile before," Jimin said, eyes widen as well. Taehyung's nose twitched. He was trying not to smile fondly at the boy. Trying not to be weird. He walked over to Jungkook.

"That's..." Really fucking cute. "Cool."

Jungkook rushed past him, right outside. "Where's the blood! Where's the skulls! Where's the onions disguised as candy! Where's the animal carcass!"

"W-what? We don't have that stuff... We just have pumpkins and lights." Hoseok squeaked.

Jungkook's shoulders fell, along with his smile. "Oh. Y'all are boring I guess."

Taehyung didn't like seeing Jungkook's happy composure drop like that, so he quickly rushed to rescue. "Shut up, Hoseok! We do have all that stuff, Jungkook. And more."

"Really?" Jungkook asked, looking at him. Taehyung smiled wide. "Of course! All that... weird dead blood stuff you want. We can get it. Let's go buy it."

"Awesome." Jungkook's eyes sparkled. "I know a place where we can buy real skulls."

Taehyung gulped nervously as Jungkook walked past him and up to his bedroom to change. Taehyung looked at the boys, who were frowning at him.

"What the fuck?! Taehyung, I don't want this place filled with dead people again!" Namjoon snapped.

"Oh come on! Did you see how happy that weird stuff made him? We can do it one time, can't we? It's Halloween, Namjoon. Cheer up." Taehyung said, and Yoongi scoffed, stopping midway.

"You're the one that doesn't like Halloween." Yoongi pointed out.

"What do you mean, I love Halloween." Taehyung winked. "Anyways. I'm gonna go buy all that stuff with Jungkook. Make sure the beer kegs are here by tonight."

"Beer kegs?" Jungkook's voice came. Taehyung turned. Jungkook was out of his black pajamas and into his black everyday outfit (tight jeans and a tucked in t-shirt). Jungkook shook his head. "No way. Let's get straight vodka. Maybe ethanol. Oooh, that'll be funny."