Chapter 12

Taehyung was extraordinary.

When they returned from their spontaneous trip, the boys asked where they were coming from, but all Taehyung replied was a smile that said more and hid even more. They went into separate rooms to shower and change into clean, dry clothes; but once that was done, Taehyung came back into Jungkook's room and pushed him onto the bed, climbed over him, and kissed him until he couldn't breathe.

Jungkook wrapped his arm around Taehyung's waist and held him above, kissing his lips with his own. Slow, teasing, just a gentle back and forth, a dance neither had learned but grew closer to as the minutes passed. There was something about this sentiment which made Jungkook smile more than he should.

Taehyung then left to go sleep, and Jungkook curled into himself on his bed, smiling like an idiot. Jimin walked into the room and looked confused.

"Are you... smiling?"

"No." Jungkook said, letting his smile fade away. "Go away."

Jimin hummed, eyeing him suspiciously but letting the matter drop. Jungkook then turned around and didn't think of the future or the what if or the doubtful aura of their new birthed relationship, but rather, just thought about Taehyung's lips against his own.

*

Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about Taehyung all day and the next. In class, when he was solving math questions that were way too easy, his mind wandered. Jungkook had reached a place where his mind didn't have to think while solving maths. He could let his thoughts go elsewhere while his fingers scribbled down answers, almost automatic. Jungkook doesn't know if that's a good thing or not.

What's Taehyung doing right now? Is he thinking of me too?

Jungkook never liked thinking of other people. He almost feels embarrassed while doing so, because he never wanted to admit to himself that he would think so highly about another person.

Despite thinking about Taehyung all through his two 3 hour lectures, he went back to the frat house, saw Taehyung talking to Yoongi by the foyer, and walked past him.

"Jungkook-" Taehyung said, seeing Jungkook ignore him. Taehyung frowned. "Hey! Come here."

Jungkook turned. How was Taehyung so confident all the time? Jungkook walked up to him nonetheless, looking bored. "What?" Jungkook asked.

"How were your classes?" Taehyung asked with a smile. Yoongi left the two to go talk to Hoseok. Jungkook looked away.

"Fine." Jungkook said.

Taehyung kept looking at him, expecting more. When nothing prevailed, Taehyung sighed. "Neat! Well, if you're keen to know, my day was great. My professors all know me by name, and my Cognitive Science professor asked me if I could assist him in the next class! That's good, right? I'm pumped."

Jungkook wondered how Taehyung always had so much to say while Jungkook had none.

"That's cool." Jungkook said, nodding. Jungkook didn't know what else to say so he began walking towards his room. Taehyung caught his hand.

"Hey, why do you keep going away?" Taehyung asked, a smile on his face. "You can talk to me, you know?"

"Yeah." Jungkook said, looking at him. "I guess."

Taehyung laughed. "You're so grumpy, jeez. We're having a chill movie night tonight. Wanna come choose a movie with me?"

"Okay." Jungkook replied. He followed Taehyung towards the living room which had a big TV. Taehyung turned it on and then went through Netflix to see what was there which could be watched and enjoyed by a bunch of 20 - somethings.