𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

"𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .   ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴇʏʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴍʟɪɴ'ꜱ ᴡᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ ᴀʀʀɪᴠᴇᴅ.

 Maiven was dressed in a pale shade of pink that definitely did not compliment her. It was long sleeved and the neckline arrived almost at her neck. Ianthe, of course, chose the dress. The High Priestess didn't say it out loud, but to Maiven it was crystal clear why she had chosen that specific dress. The way that the blonde eyed the scars that covered the younger Archeron's skin every time that one was exposed, was enough to make her understand.

Maiven let out a calming breath and lowered the walls to reach the Eardreor bond, the one that she shared with Rhysand. She didn't say anything, because she was sure that no words would help the High Lord.

She sent through their bond a wave of herself. Like a hug that would have reached the male's heart.

The walls raised again and the Bloodsingers headed towards her sister's room.

With a knock on her door Maiven entered. Her sister was already dressed in her wedding gown. Her hair had been curled, half up, half down, entwined with pearls and jewels.

Mai walked to stand behind her twin, who seemed to try hard to not cringe as she looked at herself in the mirror. She placed her hands on her sister's shoulder, a smile gracing her features.

"You are beautiful" Maiven said looking at the bride

"Don't lie" Feyre scoffed turning around, but the corner of her lips twitched upwards

"No, I don't mean the dress. Because honestly, it's horrendous" She gestured with a hand to her sister's body "What I mean is that you are beautiful on the inside" She said pointing to Feyre's heart "You are perfect the way you are, Feyre."

The golden-brown haired fae stared at her sister "I am not, Mai" she breathed out

"You may not believe it right now after what you've been through. But I'm your sister, your twin, I know you better than anyone else. What you did will not change that because you did it to survive. And with time you will heal and you will see it with your own eyes, but until that day, I will be there to remind it to you"

Feyre lowered her head and nodded, swallowing the lump in her throat but no words escaped her mouth. Maiven kissed her temple and whispered "Don't change for anyone other than for yourself Feyre"

She looked one last time at her sister before she walked out of her room.

She reached the garden where the ceremony was going to be held. It was bedecked in ribbons and lanterns in shades of cream, blush, and sky blue. Three hundred chairs were assembled in the largest courtyard, each seat occupied by Tamlin's court.

Everyone was already there and tried to not stare as Maiven passed by. She sat at her assigned spot in the front row and waited for her sister to walk down that aisle.

  •⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅• 

╰┈˚ · ° .   Feyre reached the garden, her eyes narrowed to Tamlin. She stepped onto the soft grass. Her focus shifted to the white rose petals scattered down it. And red ones.

Maiven looked at her sister, how her eyes tried to not look downward towards the petals. Her hands shook slightly as she stepped towards the dais.

But then she slowed, and then stopped.

Mai could hear her heartbeat. It was too fast.

"Feyre," Tamlin said, his hand extended as he tried to reach for hers.

She couldn't do it. Maiven knew that her sister couldn't take those last steps. Feyre's heart beat speeded up even more. Her blue-gray eyes full of panic searched for her sister.

Mai rose from her seat and slowly stepped forward. Tamlin glared at her as she passed in front of him, but she didn't care.

"Fey," She said calmly. Feyre's eyes were frenetic. They were pleading.

She couldn't do it. She couldn't do it

Tamlin took a step toward Feyre but she stepped closer to her sister.

His mouth tightened and the crowd started to murmur.

"Come, Bride, and be joined with your true love. Come, Bride, and let good triumph at last." Ianthe said smoothly,

Maiven glared at The High Priestess before she looked at her sister "It's okay. I got you"

The walls of her bond with Rhysand lowered immediately

"She can't do it, Rhys. I don't know what to do." She sent through their connection.

For seconds nothing happened and then, thunder cracked, as if two boulders had been hurled against each other. People screamed, falling back, a few vanishing outright as darkness erupted.

The sisters whirled, and through the night drifting away like smoke on a wind, they found Rhysand straightening the lapels of his black jacket.

Maiven refrained to sigh outwards as relief flooded her body.

Rhys looked at the bloodsinger for just a second before his eyes shifted towards Feyre.

"Hello, Feyre darling." 

˗ˏˋ 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 ˊˎ˗

Hello everyone! New chapter!

First part of Feyre's wedding!! A little small but I had to finish this here.

I'm excited for the next chapter because, little spoiler, it's not just the second part of the wedding. There is much more.

Thank you for reading and if you'd like, please, let me know what you thought of this chapter with a comment and a star.

𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞!

– 𝐋𝐨𝐥𝐚 ☾