ⅩⅩⅡ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

"𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘐 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘮 "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° . ᴍᴀɪᴠᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɴᴏᴡᴇᴅ ɪɴꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ, Rhysand and Amren were already there, ready to depart.

"Morning" Maiven spoke as she appeared out of a mist made from her powers.

Amren raised her hand, and with her usual glint in her silver eyes, she waived her fingers

"Morning" Rhysand grunted

"Someone is in a mood today" The bloodsinger stated with an amused smirk

Before anyone could answer, Feyre descended down the stairs.

"Good. Let's go." Rhys simply said

"He's pissy this morning." Amren explained with a broad, feline smile as she noticed the look on Feyre's face

"Why?" the girl asked, watching Amren take Rhys's hand, her delicate fingers dwarfed by his.

"Because," Rhys answered for her, "I stayed out late with Cassian and Azriel, and they took me for all I was worth in cards."

"Then it's probably not much" Maiven grinned at the High Lord earning a snicker from Amren and a hard glare from the male

"Sore loser?" Feyre asked, gripping his hand.

"I am when my brothers tag-team me," he grumbled.

With a snort, Maiven placed her hand on his shoulder. Enough for her to follow his magic as she winnowed herself.

Rhysand offered no warning before they vanished.

They appeared on a landing platform at the base of a tan stone palace, the building itself perched atop a mountain-island in the heart of a half-moon bay. The city spread around and below, toward that sparkling sea—the buildings all from that stone, or glimmering white material that might have been coral or pearl. Gulls flapped over the many turrets and spires, no clouds above them, nothing on the breeze with them but salty air and the clatter of the city below.

Various bridges connected the bustling island to the larger landmass that circled it on three sides, one of them currently raising itself so a many-masted ship could cruise through. Some merchant vessels, some fishing ones, and some, it seemed, ferrying people from the island-city to the mainland, whose sloping shores were crammed full of more buildings, more people.