𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .  ᴍᴀɪᴠᴇɴ'ꜱ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴄʜᴇꜱᴛ. ʜᴇʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴢʀɪᴇʟ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴄʀᴏᴜᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴍᴇʀᴇ ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅꜱ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ.

"You are already good enough, love." He had said

A blush bloomed on her cheeks, coloring even more the already rosy skin caused by the cold wind.

The bloodsinger brought her hands to her face and groaned.

Get a grip— She thought

Maiven wasn't one to blush. She never did. But apparently that was before the shadowsinger. The crimson haired Fae closed her eyes and sighed.

Velaris. She looked at the city, the sparkling water of the Sidra River, the sea beyond. Her heartbeat slowed.

Maiven shifted her necklaces outside her clothes and moved her hands in front of her calling upon her magic.

Blood erupted from the red crystal, who now looked clear without the liquid inside, and flowed around her hands.

Her fingers moved around, the blood following the commands swirled upwards.

The ground shook.

The countless stars that covered the night sky of Velaris colored themselves in a deep shade of red. They shined upon the city, bright and vivid as the magic flowed from the bloodsinger to land.

Maiven's eyes widened as she called back her magic. The blood sealing itself again in the crystal but the stars stayed in the red tint.

The crimson-haired fae winnowed away from the mountains and appeared on the balcony of the House of Wind.

The Inner Circle stood side by side watching the sky illuminated by the red stars

"Who wants to explain?" Maiven asked

"I forgot you that you could winnow inside" Cassian yelped placing a hand on his heart

Maiven raised an eyebrow