ⅩⅥ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

"𝘖𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .  ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴍᴀɪᴠᴇɴ ʀᴇꜰʀᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ, her human family. Anger was the predominant emotion that she felt whenever she thought about her father and the memories that she had with her sisters during the last years, were all tainted with coldness and sadness.

It hurt her. The way she knew that her oldest sister saw her. That they thought that she didn't care about them. But in all honesty, Maiven cared even too much.

When she came back from her four years at The Temple, Braken's viscous teachings branded her soul. Her heart was on lockdown and even a small gap would have made crumble down.

Love is weakness.

The phrase always echoed in her mind when she was with her family.

Maiven couldn't be the same person from before.The same sister. And even if her heart ached everytime she dismissed her siblings with cold words and freezing glances, it would have been more painful to watch them die in front of her eyes. Because if she had faltered more than a step, Braken wouldn't have thought about it twice in killing her weakness. And Maiven's weakness was her love. Her love for her sisters.

Maiven sat on the floor of the sitting room in the House of Wind, legs crossed and with books all around her. The house was empty other than Nuala and Cerridwen, who the bloodsinger, had no idea where they were.

Using her blood magic was one of her favorite things to do and learning new techniques with it was something that she loved doing.

Blood flowed around the room. Tendrils of red liquid moved around the room.

Maiven held in her hand her hunting knife. She manipulated the blood in to cover the entire blade trying to sharpen it. The first steps into creating full blood weapons.

The two things together helped her with endurance too.

Her full focus on her tasks made her unaware of the two people that entered the room.

A small shriek escaped from Feyre as a blood tendrill passed infront of her.

Maiven snapped her head towards the entrance, and there stood her sister with wide eyes and Rhysand with a raised eyebrow.