2 - school

I wake up at 6am to my alarm blaring in my ear. Beep beep beep. Hitting the off button, I tug of the warm blanket swinging my legs and stand up, an overwhelming pain courses through my body. My bare feet meet the carpet. My room doesn't have carpet. I think, then the reality sets in.

• i have moved houses to forks.
• i am starting a new school today.
• i need to get ready and cover any bruises.

Even the walk to the bathroom, pain courses around my body making me limp. I have no clue how I am going to get through a whole day of walking around a crazy high school in the rain. Oh another thing about forks. It is the coldest and wettest place in the whole world! Well maybe that's an exaggeration.

After changing into a pair of black ripped mom jeens and a cute vest top I through a big black oversized hoodie on. And grab my bag, making sure I had everything I would need in it - my phone, my reading book and my pocket knife, before throwing my bag over my shoulder. I make my way to the bathroom to check out the state of my face. There is one bruise round my eye and one bruise on my jaw. I also have a split eyebrow. I cover the bruises with makeup and apply makeup to the rest of my face. I'll make up a story for my eyebrow, I think to myself.

I quickly go downstair to see that Kevin still wasn't awake. Taking the opportunity I grab an apple, that I probably won't eat, from the fridge and throw it in my school bag. I check the time. 8.14 the bus will be here in 6 minutes I have to leave right now if I want to make it.

I make it just in time as the bus pulls up straight as I got there. I climb on handing the driver the cash. The bus was the two things I hate, loud and crazy. It was busier than I expected seeming though that it is such a small town.

Once the bus pulls to a halt outside of the school I slot myself between a group of students as I know no where to go. I need to go to the main office to my timetable and some other things. The group of kids is actually really helpful and once I asked them they pointed me towards the office.

"Can I help you?" The woman at the front desk raises and eyebrow at me.
"Hi my name is olive fisher, I'm new." I say quietly to her.                                                                                    "Right of course, so here is your map of the school and your timetable. At the bottom of your map is your locker number and where your locker is. Your first class today is English so that is down there then turn right." She politely smiles at me.

"Okay thank you." I pause "is there anyway I could have some stationary I couldn't find mine this morning I think it's still packed up? Please?" I add on the end. Truth be told I didn't have stationary my last school gave us everything at the start of the year and took it back at the end. She smiled while handing me a see through pencil case with a pen, pencil, ruler, sharpener and rubber. I smile and thank her before turning out the door and into the busy hallway.

I didn't know my way round at all and in all honesty the map was shit. I only just got to first class on time with the directions the office desk lady gave me.

When I got to the door of English class I was greeted by a friendly looking bloke as my teacher. "Hi you must be olive, I'm Mr. Jones and I am your English teacher for this year. You can take a seat by..." He scans around the class "... Edward." He points to the seat besides Edward.
"Thank you sir." I say quietly before making my way to my chair. Throughout English we read the first scene of Romeo and Juliet. I thought it was strange that Edward don't speak to me. Actually he didn't acknowledge me. And every time I looked towards him he would wrinkle his nose as if I smelt. I mean I don't think I do. I decided I would ask him about it next English.

On the way out of English I bumped into a blonde girl. "Jessica" she said holding out her hand.
"Olive" I repeat the gesture.
"What's your next lesson olive. I have PE?" I look at my time table and see we have the same.
"PE" I replied gravely. "At least I know someone now." She nodded enthusiastically before grabbing my hand and basically dragging me to the changing rooms.

After PE the rest of the day was kind of a blur. Up until lunch. I had one more period. Science. At least it is lunch now. I go to walk to the library but Jess grabs my arm. I hiss as she grabs the fresh cuts on my arm but she doesn't seem to notice.
"Why don't you sit with us olive?" Everyone who has suddenly appeared agreed with her. So I follow her into the canteen.

When we sit down everything seems normal. But the longer I sit the more I feel eyes one me. So our of instinct I turn around. I am met with a group of amber eyes staring at me. There was a beautiful blonde girl with gorgeous golden curls. A smaller, pixie haired girl. And Edward. Handsome Edward. Well two were staring the blonde girl was more glaring at me.

"He's not worth your time." I hear a voice say.
"Huh? Sorry." She giggles
"Edward. He's not worth your time. No girl in the school is." She says to me.
"Yeah, yeah. I wasn't. It's just- nevermind." I don't finish my sentence and she doesn't ask. Instead she turns back tot he others leaving me to zone out.

I think the reality of the harsh words kevin had said to me has now sunken in. I didn't know what to do and the thoughts overwhelmed my head. I excused myself to the bathroom from where I sat with Jessica and her friends. But no one talked to me, actually they barely acknowledged me at all so I didn't really have to. I'm just glad the toilets were close.

Once locked in one of the stalls I dug around in my bag for my pocket knife. The anger and hate grew in my body and I needed it out...

1.
Wow this feels good
2.
3.
I need to do more
...9.
More
...20+.
Guilt.

The blood trickled down my wrist onto my hand and fingers dripping onto the floor. I throw the knife back into my bag and reach my hand in grabbing a cloth that I took from the kitchen a few months back. Just incase. I scrunch it up in my hand and soon enough it begins to soak up the blood. Once the flow has calmed enough I lean down and throw my tattered bag over my shoulder before making my way to science.

_____

Tell me your thoughts do you think it drags on. Let me know.

W x