9 - stay - Carlisle pov

... Carlisle pov ...

Once olive makes her decision to stay at mine I go see what I can do.

First I go talk to my boss.
"Sir, there is this girl I am taking care of. She has no guardian at home as he is away from work. She is seventeen and suffering from anorexia. Is it possible to discharge her into my care until her guardian gets back from work?" He looks at me taking in the information.
"I don't see why not Carlisle. You are a trusted man. Thought I will need her guardians number and email so I can contact him about what is going on, and to see when he is back. But yes." I nod and smile.

Handing him a print of olive's file. "That's her guardian, her step-dad, and that's his contact details. But he is apparently on a work trip and won't answer the phone." I shrug, still not believing olives story. He takes them and smiles at me.
"Thanks, I will try getting in touch, take care."
"Thank you, I'm going to head home now as my shift is over." I say politely. Before signing olive's discharge papers and going to get her from her room.

Once I finish talking to my boss I call Esme.

"Hey hun." I say to my wife.
"Hey, everything okay you don't usually call me at work?" She asks.
"Yes, well no. Kinda. So you know olive. The one Edward was talking about. She is here. She fainted in school, turns out she doesn't eat, anorexia. She cant be discharged as her guardian is away for work so I gave her two options. She can either stay here at the hospital. Or she could come stay with us until her guardian gets back. She chose to stay at ours. My boss has cleared it so I just wanted to check it was okay with you. Is it okay?" I say. Wow that was a mouthful.
"Yes, but maybe she would be more comfortable at her house and we could send Alice round to stay with her. We don't have to but maybe check." I nod.
"Makes sense thanks hunny I will ask her."
"Okay bye love you see you later." She says to me. Then I hear the line go dead.

I make my way back to olive's room, knocking on the door before entering.
"Come in." I hear the squeak of the voice from the other side.
"Hey kid. I finalised everything with both my boss and my wife. So you can come back to mine if you want. Or you can stay at yours and we can have Alice or someone stay with you." She thinks about the options.

"Erm, please can I stay at my house. I'm sorry I'm sure yours is lovely I'm just-" I understood.
"Not comfortable. That's very understandable. Do you want Alice to stay with you or Edward?" I interject what she was going to say. I understand that it would be uncomfortable and I wouldn't want to push it.

She thinks again. "Either I don't mind." She says quietly. I can tell she is tired.
"Hey you go to sleep, I'm going to collect my things from my office and I will take you to the car." She nods and I go to grab my work bag, laptop and some hospital files from my office.

When I get back to her room she is asleep on her bed. So I carefully pick her up into my arms and walk her to my car like that. She is still asleep when I arrived at her house so again I pick her up like I did at the hospital and carry her inside. I use the key under the mat by the way.

The light flickers on and I carefully place her on the sofa. God this place is a mess. I text alice to head over and that the door would be unlocked. I decide to get Alice over as I thought she would be more comfortable with a girl especially if it's to wake up to her.

Carlisle
Hey Alice you can
come when you are
ready. She is asleep on
the sofa so be quiet. The
front door will be
unlocked for you. xx

Alice
Okay I'm on my way
Carlisle. Will I see
you?? xx

Carlisle
Yes you will see me.
I want to make sure
you get here okay. Xx

Alice
Alright see you in
a few minutes. xx

I sit in the living room on the arm chair next to the sofa where olive is sleeping. After around six to ten minutes I hear Alice enter the house.

"In here!" I whisper shout as to not awaken the sleeping girl.
"Hey Carlisle." She says walking through the door.
"Hello. I'm going now, thank you. Also make sure she is okay when she wakes up." She nods her head.
"Of course Carlisle have a nice night." God she is so polite.

With that I speed out the house and into the woods. I have to feed every two or so days depending on the week because of the time I spend at the hospital and around blood. It doesn't bother me much anymore but I don't want to risk losing it and outing us. I love forks so much and I know my family does too.

I just hope olive is okay. And Alice.