18 - family talk - Carlisle pov

... Carlisle ...

I left the hospital at 6. 45 pm after checking up on olive one last time. Of course she was still asleep where I had left her and she wasn't going anywhere. Now me and Esme had to explain the situation to the family.

As I pulled up the long driveway I saw Esme waiting for me at the door. She smiled at me. I got out my car and greeted her with a kiss on her cheek before heading to the living room where all our children are.

"Carlisle what is this about?" Rosaline asks me.
"Well there was a girl admitted to hospital today be-" Edward glared at me
"Say her name Carlisle!"
"Olive fisher was admitted to hospital around 3.15 after fainting in her last lesson." Everyone nodded, remember the events from earlier that day.
"Okay and where do we come into this?" Alice asked curiously.

"Well whilst examining her we noticed bruises and scars spread all across her body. Some hidden with makeup others with clothes. The first time we asked i about it she said she got in a fight. But then her step dad got to the hospital. I wasn't in the room. No one was, only her. I could hear him shouting then- then he"
"What did he do?" Edward asked through jarred teeth.
"I heard him slap her just before we could get there. Security then wrestled him to the ground and have taken him to custody. And there is going to be a private court case soon."

There is a short silence and I can feel the rage and tension in the room and I'm not even the empath.

"That mother fucking son of a bitch he is so dead when I next see him-" Edwards eyes go black, but not from thust. Esme gasps
"EDWARD language!" She shouts.
"In my defence everyone else was thinking the same thing." Everyone glared at the boy who just ratted them out to there mother. And Esme glares at all of them. But they couldn't glare for long and soon burst out in laughter.

"Anyway, if Kevin is found guilty he will be put in prison but olive will be but into foster care."
"Carlisle where are you heading with this?" Jasper spoke up and everyone nodded to agree with what he said.
"Well she hurts herself and starves herself to a very bad extent but it would be best if she had a stable home."

"Carlisle..." Edward began.
"We were thinking about adopting her then I could check up on her as I would at the hospital. And Esme is on board with the idea. But of course we will only go through with it if you guys are all okay with the idea of a human in the house." I say steadily.
"Well won't her harming herself be dangerous for all of us. What if one of us slips up?" Jasper asks. We all grimace at the thought.

"There are many risks but think about it for a minute in olive's perspective. She would have a safe, stable home and brothers and sisters and parents to look after her. And we have alice who can see if something will happen, and Edward and jasper."

Everyone nodded thinking about what I just said.
"I think we should do it. She deserves it!" Emmett announces
"Same" Edward says.
"I'm not to sure maybe I could stay here but avoid her for a bit till I get used to her." Jasper says.
"Of course Jasper what ever makes you feel more comfortable." He smiles and nods at me in appreciation. I know it's hard for him, he didn't have as easy a life when he was a newborn.

"Yes. I always wanted another sister!" Emmett announces very loudly.
"Rosaline?" I ask.
"I- I don't know. I mean do what you want. I want you to be happy. And she does deserve it. And she is already like a sister to me, I don't see why not."
Esme has a big grin on her face.
"Okay then it's official we are adopting olive. Well if she is okay with it." Everyone nods "I will tell her tomorrow."

The rest of the night is spent celebrating and just having fun. Also a few of the 'kids' when out to hunt before our guest arrives tomorrow.