17 - Esme? - Carlisle pov

... Carlisle pov ...

Once child protective services arrived I had to give them a statement. Olive had passed out asleep on the hospital bed in my arms. So I carefully picked her up and placed her down before pulling the covers over her.

I followed the child protective services detective into my office. "So what showed sign of abuse on olive?" I think
"Well for one the fact she flinched away from me when I tapped her. And then the obvious account of all the bruises and scars over her body. Also the obvious malnourishment, though I think that is done by her so I don't know whether you would count that. She also cuts herself but again I didn't get the chance to ask her much about what that was about." The detective Mrs. Sanchez nods and writes notes on a notepad.

"May I ask a question?" I ask politely. Again the detective nods at me so I continue. "Are you able to tell me what will happen to her if her step dad is convicted? Or is that classified information"

She thinks for a moment, "well if things do take a turn for the worst, or better depending on how you look at it, olive will go into foster care and to another family. But that may not be in forks" I smile at her

"Okay thank you." I knew I sounded sad. And I was sad. This poor girl has been through so much shit that she didn't deserve and now going into foster care. She needs a stable family to support her through recovery. That gets me thinking...

Once I have finished up with the interview I call Esme. "dear? Is everything okay you never call me at work?" My wife questions.
"Yes, well no, kind of? There is this girl. And she is abused at home. They are taking her step dad to court and she will be going back into foster care." I stop.
"Okay?" She questions, though not in a rude way.
"Well she also harms herself and I believe she struggles with anorexia nervosa." I stop when I hear Esme gasp in sadness on the other end of the phone. If she could cry I think she would be doing so right now.
"The poor soul. Wait- Carlisle are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I sure hope so.
"We should adopt her." I hear Esme squeal with excitement and smile. I am happy to see my wife happy.
"What is the girls name??"
"Olive fisher..." Same then gasps again.
"That's Edwards blood singer. Carlisle you have to tell him! And the others." I sigh.
"I know Esme I know I just wanted your opinions on the adoption first. And I am going to call Edward after this phone call then we can tell everyone else later tonight. I hear her mutter and okay.
"I have to go now love. I love you." I say to my wife and hang up.

One down one to go. Edward.

Ring. Ring. Ring... Finally he answers his phone.

"Carlisle is everything okay?" I take a breath I don't need in. "Carlisle?" I hear him repeat.
"I need to tell you something but you have to promise you will not go mad and lose it okay." He grunts an okay on the other side of the phone. "It's olive." I explain the situation to him which ends with him saying he will be home from Port Angeles in half an hour.