4 - science

After walking round the school so many times that a teacher came up to me and asked what I was doing. "I'm sorry" I apologised "I'm new and very lost. I'm meant to be in science."
"It's alright it's only a couple of minutes you teacher will understand. Here just go down that hall take one right and one left then your there." I thanked her and she smiled and nodded her head once before turning and walking off.

Even with the kind teachers directions it still took me an extra 5 minutes to locate my science classroom.

Once I got to science I knocked on the door and opened it. The whole class was staring at me. Shit. I could feel the blood burning in my cheeks. I took a deep breath in.

"Ahh you must be olive. Nice to see you arrived. Lost?" She asks. I nod my head my cheeks going even more red with the extra embarrassment. "Well nevermind, I'm Mrs. Stevens. You can sit there next to Edward on the back desk." This time I take a proper look at him. A handsome and perfectly aligned face. Pale, chalky-white skin, fluffy golden hair and brilliant dark brown eyes. Great another lesson of being ignored.

I walk over to my seat and place my bag down next to it. I have just taken my coat of when Edward suddenly grabbed his bag and book and barges past me. Rude.

I looked around. No one seemed surprised by his sudden outburst. Not even the teacher. Maybe he's just one of those students. You know, the rude ones who think the world evolves around them and that they are better than everyone else. I try not to think about it to much but now with that and the bizarre English lesson earlier my curiosity was getting the better of me.

At least I'm at the back. I think. My wrist still stings from before so slowly I pull up my sleeve the streaks of blood that have dried on the top and around my arm and hand.
"Olive?" The teacher calls.
I quickly pull down my sleeve "yes sorry??" She sighs.
"What's the answer to this question. Force is mass x what??"
I reread the question on the board.
"Gravity. Force is mass times gravity." She nods and carries on with the lesson. I just hope she didn't see the blood.

At the end of science the bell rings. The class erupts in noise and students hurrying out the door. "Mrs. Fisher may I have a word." I nod yes but my mind is screaming no. Telling me to run.

She continues "I just noticed you were a little bit out of it earlier. Why is that?" I rack up any excuse I could think of.
" Sorry I'm just really tired.. with just having moved into the house yesterday...and tidying the house...it's alot of work. I'm sorry it won't happen again." She nods and smiles.
"Okay then I'm glad that's all good and I hope the new house is all good. I will see you tomorrow Mrs. Fisher." I nod and walk out the class room and follow the stampede of people out into freedom. Even with my awful home situation school is still a hell hole in itself. Nothing will change my mind on that.

After leaving her room I head down to the office. Which is when I over hear the front desk woman's conversation.

"I'm sorry Dr. Cullen but I
cannot move your son's science
classes without good reason.
There are no other lessons he can go to."

There is a pause whilst she listens to what Dr. Cullen has to say.

"No there are no other lessons. They are all full. I am sorry."

At this point the man must have said something along the lines of, thank you and bye as she put the phone down. I could feel the anger rising in my chest.

Was it me? Did he want to move away from me? That's not fair. He doesn't even know me.

I made up my mind. I am going to confront him tomorrow...

_______

Sorry this is shorter than usual I didn't know what else to include in the chapter.

W x