Not So Bad [12]

Tws//not much, jus mentions of stuff from last chapter and an angry dadza

~phils pov~

Do you know how absolutely and utterly fun it is to get a call midway through paperwork saying that 2/3 of your kids are in the office for being an a fight? Well news flash its not fuckin fun.

So basically this big bad call with the reception lady went like this.

-"hello? Phil Watson speaking"
-"hello is this Mr.Watson, father of William and guardian of Thomas?"
-"yes. i basically just said that. How may i help you?"
-"Yes hello Mr. Watson im calling to inform you that we require your immediate presence here at Kinoko School, please"
-"okay, may I ask why?"
-"Your son and foster child were both involved in a fight with other students and we require a meeting with the headmaster and for them to go home"
-"I'm sorry wha- okay im on my way give me about 15-20 minutes. Thank you miss"
-"Thank you Mr.Watson, good bye"
-"yes buh-bye"

So yeah that was fun. I love being an adult. I love being an adult who has a car that I drive to go pick up to go pick up my sons. I love being an adult who has 3 boys who are...boys???

The school wasn't small, but in no way was it huge. Thats partly why I choose it for the boys. Wils anxiety wouldn't do well in a big school, but techno needed somewhere big enough to make friends and socialize. Its not the most perfect place but it works. And they dont hate it any more than an average teenager hates school. One of the best parts about it is that Tommy already went there when i was signing papers to start fostering him.

Yes he was in the other wing where they put all the kids they take one look at and think "hey this kid is evil, lets go throw them in a class they'll get bullied for being in haha massive L lmao". But with a lot of me being awesome (aka using my other children as leverage with permission), i was able to get him back into the 'normal' curriculum. Not that it matters what classes hes in. It doesn't, any child is still loved in my house no matter their abilities. I dont take none of that ableist shit. But nothing in his file said he needed to be in there. No history of violence (until now apparently??), Yes he has ADHD but thats usually not a reason kids go into special ed, nothing. So it was an easy change to make with a bit of mildly constructive criticism.

The inside of the school was nothing special. An average school i suppose. The office was boring too. The receptionist lady looked sympathetic to my worried face when I explained why I was there. I was pointed in the direction of the principals office. Walking there was a pit of dread, its not the angry one. I have more faith in my kids then thinking they'd just go around beating the shit out of a kid.

And by the looks of them when I walked in I was right. Techno and Tommy were in the corner together, techno I'm guessing trying to keep the kid calm-ish while himself attempting to not lash out. Wilbur was staring directly into the principals eyes, with a tear stained face. It wasn't until after I looked closer I realized tommy looked like hell, he couldn't have done anything he was so beat up. A fat lip, both his eyes black, a plaster on his nose making me assume it was near broke if not, and tissues up each nostril to stop a bleed. The nurse here really did a poor job. Wilbur had a bit of a black eye but it was nothing huge.  Tech was spotless so I'm guessing he wasn't involved in whatever happened.

Headmaster whatever his name is gestured me to sit down next to Wil once he realized my presence. Wilbur looked at me, he looked scared and sorry at the same time. I wonder if he thought i would yell, or hit, I would never, but its a fear that still crosses my mind. Its a fear that my kids would see me as a monster. The same monster i used to fear would show up one day.

Techno looked at me like he was trying to say 'beat the shit out of that old fuck or I will, also im overwhelmed, also im slightly attached to this child I met a few days ago lmao'.