xi

It was raining like how it does in the movies; heavy, out of nowhere, and a bit cliché. Finn and Katherine were running through it like little kids, laughing and shoving each other.

It was late after their usual cafe meeting, and Katherine didn't want to take the subway, but also refused to spend money on getting a taxi. So like the gentlemen he was, Finn offered to walk her home.

In the rain. With no umbrella.

Shivering and soaked to the bone, the two ran across the sidewalk, their footprints disappearing into newly formed puddles.

"This is crazy," Katherine said, breathless and teeth chattering. "We probably look ridiculous."

Finn smirked. "Probably. I know you do."

Katherine shoved him again, her shoulder colliding with his chest. She could feel the heat of his body, which felt nice in spite of the rain-but she could also feel a different warmth radiating inside her as well.

She moved away once she had realized that they had made it to her apartment building, leaving that same, safe space between them. And like in the movies, he walked her to her door.

But there was no kissing in the rain. Instead, there was an abrupt, "see you tomorrow," as Katherine shut the door before Finn could get out another word.