Chapter: 1

"I've always wondered what love felt like, how it felt to be...wanted"

I walked the streets of saponia, in the darkness of the night as most of the stores and bakeries began to close.

The streets were empty except for a few people on the sidewalks.

I've always enjoyed walking during the night since it's the only time I tend to stop thinking about things, you know?

I've lived in saponia for as long as I could remember, with my...parents, we would always go on long walks as we took in saponia's beauty. Stores at any and every corner, fast food places, boutiques, shops, and stalls are scattered all over the town.

"It's all a..memory now"

My life was like any normal person's life, with two parents who loved me, or at least I thought they loved me. It all started when my mother committed suicide, I was only 12 at the time, so going through that was very difficult.

My father would come home drunk every night while staggering all over the place and his words coming out as a slur.

He would call me and I would answer, He would grab me, and start to call me hurtful things like, "you were a mistake" you were the cause of her death"you a curse" or you didn't belong in this world"

He would beat me until I fainted or collapse, I still have the scars, both physically and mentally. Scars that I tried to get rid of but nothing ever seems to work.

I eventually believed my father, maybe I'm not capable of being loved, that I'll always be the girl that no one wanted to be around or...wanted.

I continued to walk until I reached a store that was open 24/7. I went inside and purchased a pack of instant noodles since that was the only thing I could afford. Money was tight and I could barely afford to pay my rent.

I worked at a coffee shop in which I only made a minimum wage of $3.40 an hour.

I continued to walk and heard a high-pitched scream. I scanned the area until I saw a man strangling a girl, she looked like she had to be in her early twenties.

Being the person I am, I would've just thrown my hoodie on and pretended that I didn't see anything, but I couldn't just leave her there for him to do "god knows what" with her.

I ran towards the alleyway " Get your fucking hands off of her" I screamed

Before he had the time to react, I punched him hard in the back of his head which caused him to let go of the girl and fall to the floor.

"What the fuck, he shout's at me with anger visible in his voice. run, I said to the girl, she nodded her head and mouthed thank you.

I started to back up from the man, He was tall and muscular in contrast to my small structure.

I turned around and sprinted away from the man, I didn't bother to fight him seeing that he could easily unalive me.

I sprinted as fast as I reached my house. I went straight inside, slammed the door shut, and locked it. I slid down against the door trying to regulate my breathing.

When it felt like my breathing had gone back to normal, I walked towards the bathroom and turned on the shower. Since my apartment was so small, places were close by.

I stripped off my clothes and walked into the shower, the moment the water came in contact with my skin, my muscles relaxed.

I scrubbed my skin clean, turned off the shower, and wrapped myself in a white towel.

I dried myself off and looked in the mirror, I saw a girl with long midnight black hair, emerald green eyes, full lips, and a small frame, who wasn't capable of being loved.

I threw on some clothes, Made the instant noodles I bought earlier, and ate them in what felt like a second.

Much later I washed up the bowl, went to my room, and laid down, not long after my sleep consumed me.

"I'm not worthy of love"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A/N
HEYO!💕
WHAT DID YOU ALL THINK OF THIS CHAPTER?
THOUGHTS OR PREDICTIONS?
AFFIRMATION OF THE DAY: YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO OVERCOME ANYTHING ❤️!

Comments & Votes

SIGNING OFF
YOUR AUTHOR
XYLEM~🧙🤍.