Chapter : 2

"No matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head which felt like the worst in history with sweat all over my body. My eyes fluttered open and were greeted by the bright rays of the sun.

I lay in bed until I felt ready to get up. I remembered I had work today, which I was not looking forward to.

I sat up on my mattress and exhaled, "sometimes I often wondered, how my life would be if my parents were still with me.

I probably would've been in a really good college, working towards my degree in medical school.

I went to the bathroom, took a quick shower then threw on jeans, a black long-sleeve turtleneck, and my black sneakers.

I went to the kitchen and made French toast along with a cup of tea.

I swallowed them in a matter of seconds, I seem to have a special relationship with food.

The walk from my house to work was about a 20-minute walk. Most of the bakeries and stores started to open.

The most I would earn was sickened looks from people, it doesn't bother me...at least not anymore.

I walked until I saw a familiar beige building, and I acknowledged that I had arrived at work.

It was an attractive building with two large double doors, with two large windows on each side.

I opened the door to be welcomed with the smell of various variants of coffee and pastries.

I went inside and greeted my colleagues with a good morning. "Good morning, "most of them replied.

There were only 6 of us in the back, Stacia: She had brown eyes, full lips, and brown hair.

Talia:she had blond hair and blue eyes, from the day I started working here she constantly gave me indications that she didn't like me.

She's a real pain in my ass. Jenai:She had blue hair with small lips and light brown eyes. She's very nice and helped me with things that I did not know about.

Liana:She had copper hair, dark blue eyes, and a very nice personality. May: She had long wavy hair and dark brown eyes. May was someone with whom I had gotten extremely close during my time here. She comforted me in times I wanted to quit this place.

And stood up for me from that cunt"Talia", even though I could put her in her place with a bitch slap that the lord himself agreed on.

The shop was rather quiet today, with only a few customers sitting down either drinking their coffee or typing on their laptops.

"Good morning silver you look great today babes" I turned around to see my favorite brown-eyed person. "hey may how are you this morning?

"feeling like shit as always, by the way, the outfit is gorgeous" Thanks girl you don't look too bad yourself, May wrapped her hands around me and gave me a heartwarming hug, and I returned it.

I went for my apron and tied it behind my waist. "I was hoping I wouldn't see that cunt today but, I didn't hope hard enough.

Our boss walked in, and the sound of his shoes clanking onto the hard wooden floor annoyed me even more than being there.

"Good morning ladies, I have come to inform you all that the head of your department will be chosen."

Talia smirked at him which he returned, she's probably giving him her pussy to get a higher wage than the rest of us."what a shame"