Chapter 2

Seungmin stared at his reflection through the dirty mirror, his fingers lightly rubbing moisturizer into his clean pores, his dampened hair falling over his forehead slightly covering his eyes while goosebumps flooded his arms.

He sighed when there was a deafening knock on the bathroom door, flinching when he heard his sister's awfully high pitched voice.

"Seungmin! Open the door!" she shouted.

"Can't you just tell me through the door? I can hear you perfectly fine even in the bathroom," Seungmin remarked, his hands working to put his things away, opening the door moments later. His gaze was met with his sisters, her mouth open as if she was gonna shout and her hand raised into a fist like she was gonna pound on his door again.

After a moment his sister straightened her posture and closed her mouth, placing that raised hand onto her hip, poking her tongue into the inside of her cheek as she pondered on her next choice of words.

"Mom needs you to go to the store down the street, we ran out of milk and we need it for dinner." Jessica instructed, repeating her mother's words very carefully.

Yes, Jessica got an English name. That reason only being because her their mother is part American while their dad is entirely Korean thus is where Seungmin got his Korean name.

"By myself?" Seungmin questioned, his eyebrows furrowing as he gazed out the window. Darkness scattered throughout the world and his mom out of all people wants him to walk to a store by himself?

"Yes," is all his sister responded with before skipping to her room enthusiastically, her curly hair bouncing excessively.

Seungmin sighed with a subtle shake of his head, going to throw a plain hoodie on before making way to exit the house grumpily. Not forgetting to shout "I'll be right back!" moments before shutting the creaky door.

As Seungmin's feet padded against the ground the more the stillness of the air got to him, the light brush of the leaves hitting against one another. A few rocks making themselves known once the tip of the male's fairly used shoes hit them. The slight breeze nipping at his nose as it slightly tousled his hair, his hands buried deep inside his pockets.

Once his feet halted in place, Seungmin glanced up at the beaming sign, a couple of letters out of commission but still shined brightly as if no part of it was unfunctional, continuing to provide its everyday purpose.

Reminded him of himself. Feeling so useless yet serving a purpose to the people around him. Bringing smiles and hope to people with words he wishes he could tell himself and believe.

Finally, Seungmin brought himself to stride into the small store, quickly being welcomed by the warm temperature the store offered, noting the small number of people gathered in the building.

It made sense that there weren't many people here but it was unusual to him, normally he would have to come back for items because they were always out of stock and the place was a little too crowded for his liking. It was the only store near their town so it was busy the majority of the time.

With a sigh Seungmin made way to find the desired milk, shaking his head when he was given the news they were unfortunately out of the kind he usually purchased. Seungmin went to grab his phone but soon found that he had forgotten it. With a groan, the boy began to look for an alternative to his misfortune, scanning the options thoroughly before settling on something decent.

"Hey," A voice called out from Seungmin's side, his squinted eyes too focused on the item in hand to even realize there was someone awaiting his attention. With a short glance, Seungmin didn't recognize the male for a moment, his eyes retracting from the milk jug to scan over the slightly taller figure until he knew who stood upon him.