Chapter 3

"Bro! What the actual heck! I thought we were on the same team you douchebag!" Felix exclaimed very loudly, his face growing red from how worked up he had gotten in the last 5 minutes.

"I literally told you from the start that we weren't on the same team! It's not my fault you have a hearing defect!" Jisung, the other male in the room snapped back, digging his shoulder into Felix's side, getting painfully close to the finish line in the heated game of Mario Kart before Felix threw a stupid green shell at him, giving him the leeway to cross the finish line without concern.

Once the lovely sound of crossing the finish line rang through the ears of the two boys, Felix threw his controller onto the ground with a gentle force, laughing maniacally before shaking the life out of Jisung.

"HAHAHAHA THAT'S WHAT YOU GET BITCH!" Felix screamed moments before he was shoved to the ground by Jisung. With one last roll of his eyes and a grumble of something that couldn't be made out because of Felix's laughter, he left the space they sat in.

"You have no filter when it comes to this game I swear." Seungmin scoffed from the other side of the room, his arms coming together across his chest as his gaze moved towards the return of Jisung.

The said male was silently observing the two friends bicker and shove the other for the past hour, wondering how he came to be friends with these weirdos while thinking about how nice his bed would be right about now.

"Alright Felix that's enough," Jisung grumbled when Felix finally stopped laughing, wiping the few tears that had collected in the corners of his eyes.

"Karma is a bitch." Felix stated, the tip of his tongue poking out in a childish manner as he sat from his laying position on the bed.

"That's enough swearing for today Felix," Seungmin said more so demanded with a look of displeasure and a scowl that hadn't left his face since he got there.

"Okay okay, sorry."

"What's with you today Seung? You've been all sulky since you got here." Jisung piped up, the pout on his features diminished once his attention was on his friend sitting in the corner.

"I was waiting for you to ask," Seungmin replied with a roll of his eyes, his folded arms coming to unfurl themselves and place onto his lap calmly. "You'll never guess who I ran into at the store the other day." Seungmin began while watching his friend's expression intently.

"Wait, lemme guess. One of the many girls that have the hots for you?" Felix asked with a raised brow which soon knitted with the other when Seungmin shook his head.

"Y'know the new family from the church?" Seungmim asked and got a quick nod from Felix and a quiet no from Jisung.

"I wasn't there," Jisung complained with a loud whine and dramatic flop to the carpeted floor, an audible thump echoing through their ears.

"Yeah because your rich ass-"

"Felix don't," Seungmin spoke sternly, a testing look crossing his face for a moment, leaving just as fast.

"Sorry.."

"As I was saying, Hwang Hyunjin, the taller of the brothers approached me while I was trying to get groceries for my mom," Seungmin explained, his eyebrows furrowing in deep thought. "He gives me weird vibes."

"Yeah, I haven't heard great things about him and he only just got here," Felix slowly looked down at the ground, his arms crossing over his chest before rubbing at his arms in an attempt to tame the goosebumps that coated them.

"Really? Like what?" Seungmin asked curiously. If this boy was gonna be nagging at him he would like to know about these details even if they may not be true.

"Well like I heard that he bullied people at his old school and that he wasn't very nice and...."

That's weird, he seemed somewhat nice when he talked to me.

"And?" Jisung added, desperately trying to get Felix to spit out the words that were sitting at the back of his throat.

"Uh well someone said he was gay.....but that doesn't mean he is!" Felix quickly defended when Seungmin looked at him at with something along the lines of shock, disgust, and confusion.

"Why would he be attending a church if he committed such a sin?" Seungmin asked with a slight raise of his eyebrow.

"Maybe he's trying to better himself, y'know?" Jisung trailed off.

"Like I said I don't know for sure, it's just a rumor I happened to be told," Felix explained, trying to ease Seungmin's nerves because he knew he was sensitive about that kind of stuff.

"Is he at least cute?" Jisung asked after a moment of silence, the other two boys snapping their heads in his direction with wide eyes. Though Felix quickly laughed it off.

"Jisung! Why would you ask such a stupid question!?" Seungmin shouted, starting to get a little too worked up and it was showing.

"What! It was just a genuine question!" Jisung defended with his hands in the air and eyes wide, not liking the sharp glare he was receiving from Seungmin.

"Calm down Seungmin, it was just a question," Felix spoke calmly, gaining the youngers attention. Seungmin's gaze softened before he slowly dropped his head down to his lap, mumbling a short but meaningful sorry to his friends as a plea for forgiveness.

"It's okay Min," Jisung assured.

"Anyways, I think he's pretty good looking, he'll have all the girls occupied for a while." Felix chuckled, standing to slip into his hoodie that was laying pooled on the floor.

"Well, that's a relief." Jisung laughed, his big smile coming onto display causing Felix to smile back. His smile was contagious in a way.

"Alright, I'll be heading out then," Felix stated, gathering his things swiftly.

"I should be getting home too, thanks for having me over Jisung," Seungmin said, leaving before Jisung got the chance to utter a "you're welcome"

Felix and Jisung shared one last glance before bidding their goodbyes, waving one last time before the door was shut and Jisung was left standing in his room alone.

With a long sigh, Jisung sunk into his bed, taking hold of his phone and slowly clicking the button to turn the bright contents of the screen on. A cheesy grin making its way to his face when he read his most recent notification.