Chapter 8

"Seungmin get up! The bus it going to leave without us!" Jisung shouted whilst shaking Seungmin's limp body, the boy waking up with an agitated groan and a confused expression painted across his face

"What's going on?" Seungmin questioned, part of his brain still not awake enough to comprehend the chaos in front of him.

"Woke up later than we were supposed to and now the bus is leaving in less than 10 minutes, I highly suggest you get moving," Felix answered, rushing around the room with Jisung as he threw the last of his outfit on, scanning the floor to look for his backpack and Jisung's lost phone in the process.

Seungmin quickly sat up slowly, silently searching for his glasses until he found them lying on the floor peacefully. He grabbed them and slid the frame onto his face, blinking a couple of times to adjust to the sudden difference in his vision, watching Felix and Jisung run into each other and bicker like people trying to get the good Black Friday deals before everyone else got them.

Seungmin finally understood what was happening, the panic washing over his face and the frown he held deepening. Shooting up from the pull-out and rushing over to his pile of clothing, Seungmin shuffled through his clothing to find an outfit for the day, grabbing something decent before high tailing it to the bathroom, already in the process of removing his wrinkled shirt as he opened the door.

Stripping down from his clothing Seungmin hastily changed, fixing up his hair the best he could before fumbling over his toothbrush. Applying his toothpaste and rinsing it under the water for a moment, shoving it into his mouth and aggressively brushing in circular motions. Seungmin spit the foam from his mouth, sloshing some water to rinse out any remaining substance before putting the brush aside.

With an anxious tap of his foot, Seungmin waited for the water to warm up, checking his watch every, what seemed to be, second in anticipation. After the water temperature was as desired Seungmin cupped his hands together, filling them up with the clear liquid before throwing it onto his face, rubbing at his skin to wake him up a little.

After Seungmin dried the access water that lingered on his skin he checked his watch, noticing that it had been 8 minutes already.

Seungmin's eyes widened before bolting out of the restroom, taking notice that Felix and Jisung were nowhere to be seen, assuming they went to the bus like he should have been. With no second thought, Seungmin sprinted out of his room, heading downstairs when he realized he forgot his phone. With a wack at his forehead, Seungmin returned to his room and quickly snatched the device off the pull-out, running back downstairs, the lower floor being completely vacant which only made Seungmins anxiety go up by the second. Reminding him that every second he stayed in this cabin the more of a chance he would be left behind.

After a short pause, Seungmin began his sprint again, heading to the outdoors. His eyes met with the bus but luckily it was in a still motion. With a sigh of relief, Seungmin continued his sprint but loosened up on the speed, not finding the need to sprint so fast when the bus was right there and he was probably seen.

That was until the bus began to move, backing up from its spot and turning forward out of the dirt driveway.

Seungmin's eyes widened again, his sprint picking up again as he now resorted to shouting and waving his hands to try and gain attention while moving as fast as he possibly could but there was no use. The bus continued to turn until it was out of sight, leaving Seungmin standing alone with a gust of wind hitting his slightly sweaty forehead.

"Dang it!" Seungmin shouted angrily, fishing his phone out of his pocket and aggressively tapping at it, getting ready to yell at Jisung and Felix on a phone call he was about to make before he heard heavy footsteps approaching him.