Chapter 6

Seungmin stood anxious, any movement caused his head to snap in anticipation. His foot began to pad at the ground and his fingers tapped at his palm continuously.

Just as the brunette began to convince himself his friends weren't coming, he heard his name being shouted in two distinct pitches.

"Where were you guys?! They could have left you behind if I didn't tell them to wait longer." with a huff Seungmin shouted, his friends finally came to a stop, their breaths uneven and the glistening of their foreheads offering that the sun was gonna be a bit harsh today. They held their bags high, showing to Seungmin the luggage before saying in unison.

"We forgot to pack last night."

Seungmin brought his palm to his face and slapped it down on his forehead aggressively, groaning at his own actions and just the simple fact his friends don't plan ahead at all. It was concerning sometimes.

"Whatever, just get in the bus," Seungmin said sternly with a short eye roll, pointing his finger in the direction of the entrance of the bus. They all made movement to get into the large vehicle, putting their stuff where asked and taking seats while ignoring all the agitated comments coming their way.

Oddly enough Felix sat down with Changbin, a big shock to the two others sharing a surprised look. Just the other day Felix was telling Jisung how weird Changbin acted and the rude actions he made towards him and now he's sitting happily next to him. It's baffling. But as weird as it was the two shook it off, noting in their minds that they eventually need to have a conversation about this specific topic and making their way to get a seat together. Jisung starting the process of connecting his headphones to his device.

"Hey, Jisung! Wanna sit with me?" a voice shouted from further back in the bus, taking the attention from the called male to make eye contact and softly smile at one another. Seungmin, being already sat down, couldn't see who Jisung was looking at which raised a natural curiosity within him but he didn't have the energy to ask or care that much for that matter.

"Yeah, I'll be right there," Jisung exclaimed back, turning his attention back to Seungmin who looked at him curiously. "I'm gonna go sit with Minho, is that okay?" Jisung asked softly.

"Yeah that's fine, I like sitting alone anyways," Seungmin said, a subtle smile making its way to his face in a convincing attempt to hide his own selfishness. He did not want that bright smile to falter. Though he lied about liking sitting alone, he didn't want his friend to feel guilty, he looked so happy and he didn't want to be the reason that glee disappeared. It's been a while since he's seen him that excited.

"Alright, everyone! Take your seats!" The teacher whom sat at the front of the bus shouted to gain the student's attention, the bus quieting down as people, including Jisung, went to their spots, grabbing their blankets and earphones for the long car ride ahead.

Seungmin used the empty seat next to him to place his things, grabbing the items he needed at the moment and leaving the ones he didn't need in place, his earbuds being placed into his ears delicately before he went to lean against the window.

It was early in the morning yet the sun shown down hard, the rays making themselves known with the heat they generated. The trees brushing their leaves together softly with the muted sound of machinery sounding through the glass barrier between Seungmin and the outside world.

Just as Seungmin relaxed his body, shut his eyes to try and get sleep through the about to be boringly long car ride, a loud bonk sounded near his window, the bus slamming on its brakes with a loud squeak and surprised gasps.

The rough and not to mention, sudden halt jolted the entirety of the bus, every student lifting their rested heads or turning their attention to the front (with the assumption that they stopped for something in front of them) of the lengthy vehicle to possibly get a glimpse of what was stopped for.