Chapter 11

A few days had passed by since Seungmin encountered the unpredictable. He had managed to keep himself away from Hyunjin, avoiding the latter even if he hadn't noticed the brunette's presence. Not taking a chance.

He was scared that Hyunjin would notice and corner him, so far he hadn't seemed to take notice and oddly enough it was giving Seungmin more anxiety thinking about it.

The more he had time to think about it the more he second-guessed himself. Starting to believe that maybe he misunderstood the situation he strode upon. He doesn't really know Hyunjin, he didn't understand his line of thinking. For all he knew he could have encountered one of those "bro" moments that Seungmin never could comprehend. He had no solid evidence, nothing substantial so maybe he was just overreacting.

As of now, Seungmin sat at the picnic table with his friends, a place they often conversed at, spent most of their time during their free time, and most of all, a place to hide from Hyunjin as of lately.

"Seungmin,"

"Seungminnnnn?"

"Seungmin!" Felix and Jisung shouted simultaneously, the double pair of brown orbs staring intensly at Seungmin who seemed to forget he was sitting with his friends, too lost in thought to realize he was dazed.

No, he hadn't informed his friends about what happened. No, he didn't plan to share that burden. No, he didn't want to hide it but he didn't feel he was left with much a choice especially since he wasn't positive that what he assumes, is accurate enough to declare openly.

"Yes? Sorry," Seungmin responded, his eyes flickering between the two who paid close attention to his complexion.

"Are you okay bud? You've been acting...off," Felix inquired, his bushy eyebrow rising with curiosity.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine, just a bit sleep deprived from studies and stuff," Seungmin answered convincingly.

Liar

"Oh okay- well I was just telling Jisung about how me and Changbin are going on a hike today. I've been talking to him more and we actually have a lot in common! Besides him being a gym rat of course. He's a pretty sensitive guy compared to how he looks." Felix explained blissfully, his smile almost emulating the brightness the sun radiates.

Seungmin didn't trust Changbin, he didn't really trust anyone for that matter. But Changbin and his friends were especially on that list, mostly because Hyunjin was one of his companions.

The brunette knew how fragile the boy was, he knew that things weren't great at his house, and he knew that one wrong move from Changbin and his whole world could crumble. The boy cherished his friends dearly, he treated them as if they were family because at home he didn't feel like he had one. He loved and cared with his whole heart which led him to be on the more delicate side.

The last thing he wanted was for Felix to get involved with them but he didn't want to be the one to cause more hurt in his life.

At home, Felix often got verbally and sometimes physically abused, Seungmin has offered for him to stay at his home and even Jisung has, but the poor boy always declined because he felt he would be a burden to their families. The blonde has such a kindhearted soul and Seungmin wished he would realize that he was worth being loved and cared for like he does for others, not hated and yelled at, and that staying at his friend's house didn't make him a burden.

Felix was troubled but didn't like to talk about his feelings, he would prefer to not think about the bad and live in the good with his friends. Seungmin and Jisung tend to worry about him a lot. He says he's okay but in reality, is hiding all his pain beneath a big smile. Felix deserves nothing more than love and Seungmin wished he knew that and that is what Jisung and him try to accomplish by being supportive friends.