Chapter 5

"Where's Felix?"

"I don't know, haven't heard from him."

"He's been doing this a bit lately, do you think stuff is happening at home?"

"I'm not sure, he doesn't talk about his family a lot. He seemed fine yesterday."

Seungmin and Jisung stood in the school hall in deep thought, unanswered questions all revolving around Felix whom didn't show up to school this morning. His activity seeming different the past month or so which rose curiosity in the minds of his friends.

Being the nosey person he is and also feeling like his friend wasn't telling him something, Seungmin went to Felix's locker, opening it just to find nothing but an almost vacant locker, an old sweater, and notebook being the only thing present. With a loud sigh, Seungmin shut the metal of the locker and turned back to his friend, his arms crossing over his chest as he pondered.

"Can you do me a favor and check on him for me? You live closer and my dad is expecting me to be home early today. I just want to make sure he's okay especially since this has occurred more than once recently." Seungmin said, expressing his concern which wasn't something you would gaze upon often.

"Yep, that's not a problem." Jisung accepted the request happily, a big smile crossing his features in a way to show off his stunning smile, a short giggle leaving his mouth. "So you ready for the school trip?" Jisung asked with excitement, his fingers fiddling with the straps of his backpack while Seungmin focused on the items in his locker.

"Yeah, it'll be nice to get out of the house for a while. Should be fun." Seungmin said, giving Jisung a short side eye before continuing his actions. He wasn't going to tell Jisung the real reason he didn't want to be home.

"It'll be a nice mini vacay for us all and we can spend unlimited time together. It's gonna be so fun!" Jisung exclaimed happily, the mini party that he was planning in his head being cut short when his phone began to ring. "Oh, gotta go, see you later!" Jisung spoke one last time as he glanced at his phone, skipping off and leaving Seungmin to finish whatever he was trying to accomplish in that locker and heading home, answering his noisy phone with a quick tap. Felix's house being a quick stop he had to do before he made it to his own front door.

"Hello?" Jisung answered.

"Hey honey, me and your father have to cancel tonight's dinner, your father is stuck at work because someone didn't come in for their shift and I'm busy with my own crap. Sorry, hon."

"Okay, that's fine, we'll do it another time. Don't worry too much about it." Jisung replied calmly, trying to hide the sadness in his tone with a small smile. He was looking forward to that dinner, they never spend time as a family and are always so infused with work that Jisung is left to care for himself. Jisung didn't like being alone all the time, it often got boring and made him feel quite lonely, that's why he loved spending time with Felix and Seungmin.

"Okay, love you, bye!"

"Love you too, bye!" Jisung forced out, his fake smile fading drastically once the beeping of the phone rang through his ears, the call ending as fast as it had begun, only now Jisung's mood was crushed.

As sad as Jisung was, he wiped the disappointed look off his face and continued walking, the only thing being looked forward to now being his bed and the thought of how long he'll lay in it. That was until someone spoke to him, halting his footsteps abruptly.

"Where are you off to?" a sudden voice
questioned, a voice that Jisung found very familiar and was quite fond of.

Jisung whipped around, stopping his strides to scan his surroundings, his eyes being met with pretty brown ones that almost put him in a trance immediately.

His eyes are so much prettier in person..

"Oh, uh, home.." Jisung answered shyly, finding it hard to look the other male in the eyes, his foot kicking out as if an imaginary rock was there, waiting to be kicked.

"Got anything you're doing later?"

"No, why?"

"Wanna hang out?"

"Oh- s-sure," Jisung mumbled, confused as to why Lee Minho was asking him out of all the people in this school to hang out with. Being one of the few least popular people in the school is baffled him. "W-we can go now if you're not busy,"

"Sounds perfect," the taller responded quickly, a warm smile washing over his face and almost causing Jisung to lose all the air his lungs obtained, his grip on his backpack straps becoming harsher.

"Alright then,"

"Shall we?" Minho gestured his hand forward, Jisung nodding in compliance and walking in that direction, the once saddened heart happy with the thought of hanging out with his favorite YouTuber and getting to see that smile that brightens anyone's day in person.

Forgetting about the simple task he was asked to do in the fog of his own satisfaction.

"I'm home!" Seungmin shouted, removing the weighted backpack from his tired shoulders as he walked forward into the open space of the living room.

"Hello brother,"

Seungming froze, his head slowly tilting up from the ground to look his damned brother in the eyes. "What are you doing here Jeongin," Seungmin asked, the words coming out as more of a demand and less of a question.

"Well I missed you too Seungmin." Jeongin scoffed, his hands stuffing themselves into the pockets of his slacks.

"Where is mom and dad? And how on earth did you get in the house?"

"They don't know I'm here, they're not home yet but they will be soon," Jeongin replied simply, taking small steps around the room to examine the things that have changed since he's left.

"Okay, that doesn't answer all my questions." Seungmin spat, the harsh glare Jeongin was getting seeming unbothering and it was pissing Seungmin off.

"Then stop asking so many questions." Jeongin spat back, looking back at his brother with a sharp turn of his head. "I still have a key,"

"Well you shouldn't, you aren't a part of this family anymore," Seungmin said angrily, the presence of the other being enraging, disgusting, and so on. The sight of him being hard to look at.

"Harsh but true, I don't consider you my family anymore. It's been that way for a long time." Jeongin responded back, a look of hate and a tint of sadness spread across his pale face.

"Why are you here?" Seungmin asked once again, this time more persistent.

"I came to return some things for your parents. I'll be leaving now." Jeongin answered simply but you could hear the bitterness in every word and the disappointment in his younger brother was obvious. His shoulder roughly brushed past Seungmins, marching to the door to open it, giving his brother one last glance before shutting the door just as violently as he opened it.

Seungmin sighed, his gaze falling to the floor and his arms going limp, the backpack dangling from his hand lifelessly. Seungmin closed his eyes, squeezing them shut in an effort to stop the watering of his eyes, his feet dragging him to his room.