𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑜

Alessia Ferrari

Alessia Ferrari

I used to not make a big deal about my birthday.

It used to simply symbolize another shitty year on this shitty planet.

But now I sort of do? I don't know how to explain it.

It means I have survived another year in spite of all the bullshit I was forced to go through in high school.

When I was sixteen I made a birthday wish for the first time in so many years, there's just a sort of magic behind birthday wishes.

Except I didn't wish for more money or the perfect party.

There were no puppies and red velvet cupcakes — minus the one that Luca gave me that morning, the same one I wished on.
I wished for death that day.

For my world to stop spinning and to live peacefully as I make my way through the darkness.

Obviously that wish never came true, but it could have.

Sometimes I still wish that it could have. The lasting scars on my skin just show a time in my life I wish I could forget but I can't with the lasting memories that play through my mind on an everyday basis.

But then again the same scars carved into my pale skin show how strong my will was to survive, that's got to count for something... Right?

Suddenly a knock sounds at my door and I glance at the time on the little clock I have hung on the wall directly in front of my bed and it reads, '4:38 AM', I groan...

Who the hell is knocking at my door before five in the morning? I know the only person in this house that really is an early riser is Max because he gets up and makes breakfast for himself, Lisa, and Romeo and Lisa have to be up by seven for school but even then he usually stays in bed until closer to six before getting up and taking a shower.

So who the hell is knocking on my door at 4:30 in the fucking morning.

Finally coming to the realization the person on the other end wasn't going to give up anytime soon I sit up, throw on a hoodie — I rarely sleep in a shirt, I like to cocoon myself in blankets and I end up too hot so I opt for a pair of loose leggings and an old sports bra — and unlocked the door.

I wish I could say it was a surprise to see Luca standing on the other end but out of all my brothers, he's the one that makes the most sense.

He's standing there awkwardly while holding a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting — my favorite — with a small light blue candle in the center.