𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒

Luca Ferrari

Luca Ferrari

"Why did you do it?" Lorenzo qustions angerly, I know we were all wondering the same thing. "I will only ask you one more time, why the fuck did you do it?" His once calm demeanor quickly begins to falter.

Jasper shoots him a sly grin, almost as if there wasn't bood dripping from his hairline and down his bruised face.

"Bordem." The guy I once considered my best friend, and only friend for that matter, finally muttered. His face contorts in pain his his breathing begins to appear uneaven, trying to shake off the sharp pain that has likely shot through is entire body.

"You put your filthy hands on my sister because you were fucking bored?" I suddenly spoke, instantly feeling my Manny's hand interlock with mine.

"Eh pretty much. It's easy when your best friend chooses to see the best in everyone." Jasper replies while his eyes lock with mine and I pull my hand quickly away from Manuel's. Almost like his soft skin turned into a hot coal in a matter of seconds.

My sister is my entire life.

I let myself be blinded by the one person I thought I could trust, and I failed my little sister.

I will never let it happen again.

Never.

Not everyone has your best interest at heart, actually most people don't. Often times the one you would take a bullet for is the same person behind the trigger.

I guess it's one of the moments where you have to look around and figure out who is rowing the boat along side you and who is secretly drilling holes the second you turn your back on them.

"If you catch the train to nowhere you'll find the strangest man I've met, who claimed his ears were always ringing with the sound of his regret, back then time had not yet taught me regret was not a sound I knew. So I thought nothing more than silence was left by things you didn't do, he said he hoped the sound of nothing was the worst I ever heard, because regret dries you crazy. 'It's a stone thrown in a well,' he mused and this I've not forgotten: 'It's listening all our life and never hearing it hit the bottom'."  ~ E.H

I think I will forever be stuck between how everything truly is and how it was supposed to be, and I have no clue how to break the never ending cycle of what I could have done better.

While guilt will tell you that you made a mistake, shame will tell you that you are the mistake, what do you do when you have both emotions constantly pushing down on your shoulders.

I made a mistake, and now I'm living with the consequences.

I refuse to make the same mistake twice when it shouldn't have been made the first time.