𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

Two weeks later:

Alessia Ferrari

"No Papa... I have not killed Manny or Niccolò. Yet." I exclaim for the millionth time.

"What about-"

"No, they didn't kill each other either. Last I checked there are still three beating hearts lurking around this apartment somewhere."

"Well that's good, don't forget you have been summoned back to the house for dinner tomorrow." Papa says on the other side of the phone.

"Summoned?" I questioned.

"Lorenzo's words, not mine."

"Will everyone be there?"

"They should me si. Romeo got someone to cover for him at his hospital, Lorenzo and Alessandro of course still has to be available for the mafia but if something happens our men will be in contact, Matteo said his shop is closed anyway so he can make it, wherever Romeo is Max and Lisa seem to follow so they will also be there... And Luca-" He sighs. "You seem to be the only person in the family that kid can't stand to be around these days, he said he will be there as long as you are."

I really need to talk to him, and soon. I can't stand to see him destroying himself anymore.

"I know Papa. I'll be there.-"

"You son of a bitch that was my doughnut!"

"Sorry Papa... I have to go."

"Understandable." He laughs before I hang up the phone.

"Manny Reece Lopez!" I shout as I walk into the kitchen, just to see Manny holding Niccolò down in a chokehold.

Manny looks up and sees me standing by the island counter, my expression is far from amused, then he quickly sits up and hides behind my twin brother like a human shield.

"What in the world are you two doing?" I ask, the exhaustion laying clear in my tone.

"He took my doughnut." Manny explains while still hiding behind my twin.

"I didn't see your name on it."

"I literally put my name on it with neon green icing, it's your own fault for licking the icing off before reading it."

"Manny get up. Niccolò stop eating Manny's doughnuts.... You would think you would have learned your lesson by now. Nicky, we have a family dinner we must attend tomorrow... Please don't show up in a cow costume again. Manny you are free to join us, I know papa thinks of you as one of his sons anyway."