𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒

Alessia Ferrari

Alessia Ferrari

"Angel!" I hear Manny shout from down the hall, did I forget to mention that he still calls me that stupid nickname? I thought it would start to annoy me by now but instead it gives me a strange amount of comfort. My door slamming open broke me from my thoughts.

"Jesus Christ, ever heard of knocking, what if I was naked?"

"Nothing I haven't seen before-" He shrugs, "By the way did you know you have a birthmark on your ass."

"What?"

"Never mind, that's not important, your brother is a meanie." Manny huffs like a child as he invites himself to dramatically plop on my bed.

"What happened this time?" I swear I'm their mother most days.

"He took my favorite knife but claims it was his, mine was engraved with an A."

"Why the hell would yours have an A when your names literally starts with M?" I questioned, I think he has officially lost it.

"It's not just a normal A, It was a gift from your papa after we got you back from the polish. He wanted to make sure I could protect you if it came down to it and it's easier to hide than a gun, so I engraved an 'A' with angel wings coming off of it."

"As cute as that is, was there an A with angel wings on the knife?"

"Well... No... I don't think so."

"Then it's not yours Manny." I stop and question the last time he lost his knife and realize he was wearing the same pants...

"Did you check your pockets?"

"Did you check your pockets?" Manny mimics "Of course I did, I'm not an idiot."

"There's a hole in those jeans, did you check there?" I continue to ask, trying to avoid making him uncomfortable by shoving my hands in his pockets when I know his often loses smaller items in those jeans.

"Again... I'm not an idiot."

"Stand up." I demand while rolling my eyes at his immature antics.

He obliges.

"I'm going to put my hand in your pocket, okay?" I wait until he gives me a clear indication that it was alright.

I reached into the left pocket of his baggy jeans and felt for the hole I remembered was in the side of the pocket, it didn't quite reach the exterior of the jeans but it did create a much smaller pocket that things tend to slip into.