First Encounters

'Evening Marius. Helicopter all ready?' Said Thermite. 

'Ja, all fueled up and ready to go,' Marius replied.

'Perfect. Alright, everyone load up and lets get this show on the road.'

*Timeskip*

'Get ready, nearly there!' Marius said over the comms

'Affirmative! Okay, so IQ, Lion and I will go through the right hand corridor and Twitch, Buck and Tachanka will go through the left one. We meet in the courtyard and then progress together as planned. Twitch, I want you to scan the courtyard before we head in, make sure we aren't walking into an obvious trap, and take out any cameras you see.' 

'Don't worry, I'll check the area,' Twitch said

'IQ, I need you to have your ping thing active to sweep for any traps or hidden explosives.' 

'It's an 'RED Mk III' Thermite, not some 'ping thing'.' IQ said

'Sure, whatever you say. Lion, I'll want you to activate a sweep with your drone before we go in. Buck, you stay at the front and breach any doors you find. Tachanka... just shoot the hostiles.'

'Of course comrade! Your Lord never fails!' Said Tachanka

'Touching down!' Marius said.

'Okay, remember the plan and let's go!' 

*Minor timeskip to them reaching the base from the drop-off point' 

'Twitch, anything on your drone?' 

'Aside from a few cameras which I destroyed, no hostiles in sight. Can't see any traps either.' 

'Ok, let's move in then. Keep your guard up.'

IQ opened her RED scanner and entered the base, checking for any traps.

'Scanner picking anything up?' Said Buck

'All clear. There is no power here at all, all the lights are off and no electrical circuits are present in the nearby vicinity.' Came the reply

'No movement detected on my EE-ONE-D either, this place seems abandoned.' Said Lion.

'Hmm, proceed with the plan as normal. Split up into two groups and meet in the courtyard.' Said Thermite.

IQ POV

You moved through the right corridor and it was clear that this place hadn't seen any major activity in a long time. Dust had settled on the desks, thick cobwebs were out in abundance. Whoever was here last clearly hadn't been back in several years. 

So was the intel wrong? You thought.

No, can't be. we hat satellite imagery confirming the presence of  vehicles parked outside, and we saw their tracks. They must be holed up inside the compound itself.

Old files and degraded office supplies lay scattered about the place, and the air was thick with dust particles. You fought back the urge to cough as the small particles irritated the back of your throat when you breathed in. You entered the courtyard after ensuring that the corridor was secure, and began walking towards the second team when suddenly you heard a noise coming from your RED scanner. 

'I'm getting a sudden electronic signal from the courtyard door! Wait, no... the entire compound is lighting up on my scanner!' You shouted.

'Big Brother detects movement from inside the compound, a LOT of movement!' Said Lion.

Thermite's eyes widened with shock as he realized what was going on. 

'GET TO COVER! AMBUSH!' 

You ran behind some crates as the heavy-duty door from the main courtyard into the compound flew open, and multiple insurgents and white masks rushed out into the courtyard and opened fire.